Dave Navarro's GN on Spike TV

TommyV8

I was just watching Ride with Funkmaster Flex on Spike TV and Flex went over to Dave Navarro's (guitarist for Jane's Addiction and at one point the Red Hot Chili Peppers) and Carmen Electra's (no introduction needed) house to check out their cars. They looked at Carmen's V12 Mercedes CL600 and Daves Hummer H2 but the car Dave was most proud of and excited about was his '87 GN, given to him by Carmen for his birthday. He called it the "piece de la resistance" of his collection. It was a stock and very clean hardtop. Dave took Flex out for a ride and was giggling and grinning ear to ear while launching it on the street. Flex was impressed, too. I think it's cool that a multi millionaire rock star, who could have any ride he wants, is most proud of an American car that is within reach of most regular guys. Very cool guy.

That episode is almost a yr old,the car is in getting work done to it since it was such a turd,well not turd in my book but when you have millions ,,,what was she thinking when she bought that ,,the previous owner must have had a big tool for her to buy that :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BandAid said:
what was she thinking when she bought that
She was probably thinking "Wow, that is a badass car and my husband would love it." She was right on both counts. Maybe she's not just some dumb supermodel after all. ;)

If I had that much $$$ and my wife came home with that turd(GN) I'd have to slapp her, J/K
She'd better be bringan me a GNX,altho she knows me better and they over hyped----better have an Eleanor out front 750hp...

I thought that was the logo to his band, my bad. I know Daves car is down at Hye Tech right now, maybe I should check it out...

I'm sorry but I'm really not that impressed with that car. The way I see it, they just through a bunch of parts on it. Where's the class? They should at least detail the engine bay. I just think if I had that kind of money, I would have every single nut and bolt of that entire car looking brand new!!! ------Jeremy

All that work?

Its always good to see a GN or Turbo Buick. Good exposure for great cars. However the wheels and speaker box are open to criticism...lol.

The logo work ('tho I have no idea what it means) on this ride is nice, but I too would like better detailing (i.e. Buick class and show). Are there more pictures of the engine compartment?

As far as boom for your speaker box buck goes, check out the possibilities at my son and his buddy Brit's web site:

www.transparentacoustics.com/index.php?page=products

dwall said:
Its always good to see a GN or Turbo Buick. Good exposure for great cars. However the wheels and speaker box are open to criticism...lol.

The logo work ('tho I have no idea what it means) on this ride is nice, but I too would like better detailing (i.e. Buick class and show). Are there more pictures of the engine compartment?

As far as boom for your speaker box buck goes, check out the possibilities at my son and his buddy Brit's web site:

www.transparentacoustics.com/index.php?page=products
Not sure how much business they will do ,seems there product/services is lacking samples,prices different boxs,and to the right they have google adds where I can probalby find what I need instead of trying to figure out their site,,just my observation,,hope it helps..

Does anybody know how they tint the tailights dark like that. I really would like to do that to mine but I don't want to mess them up. Thanks for the help.

Josh

I don't like it...no front airdams, the wheels don't look right with that stance, the black interior pieces (and the environmental controls & stereo area), that boost gauge in the pillar...no badges (I like original badges).