Dave Fiscus 7.97

BIG congrats Dave, glad I was there to see it and be the first one to tell you:D

Looks like he could have been driving with his knees and texting Carl at the same time to tell him how the tune was doing ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Nah, he never texts me :). Might have contacted Cal, though :). The quickest passes are usually the most boring to watch because no motion is wasted but I bet it was exciting in the cockpit, especially when he saw the timeslip. Big congrats, Dave. I know how disappointed you were are Reynolds with the trans issues, and this is a great way to wind up a season. Same for you, Chris. You guys are always pushing the bar higher and higher in TSO.

LOL! They're talking about me, Carl (Sh!t, that didn't turn out right either!). Anyone that doesn't really know me almost always calls me "Carl". It doesn't help matters that my friends jokingly call me Carl at the race track, then others hear them calling me that and assume it's my name, and it just keeps going, and going, and going....... I don't even correct them anymore. Thsi is where the Tony "Gomez" and Dave "Ficus" came from. I bet you've never been called Cal :smile:

That just looked too easy. Congrats Dave - couldn't have happened for a nicer guy!

LOL! They're talking about me, Carl (Sh!t, that didn't turn out right either!). Anyone that doesn't really know me almost always calls me "Carl". It doesn't help matters that my friends jokingly call me Carl at the race track, then others hear them calling me that and assume it's my name, and it just keeps going, and going, and going....... I don't even correct them anymore. Thsi is where the Tony "Gomez" and Dave "Ficus" came from. I bet you've never been called Cal :smile:

Never been called Cal but have been called James about as many times as you've been called Carl, especially on this board :). I knew he wasn't talking about me, I just saw the same mistake in two threads and figured I'd be a wiseguy and jump in. I think the announcer at Reynolds finally figured it out (or more likely was told) that it was Fiscus not Ficus about halfway through Saturday eliminations :). I don't think he ever got "Gomes" right, even after Tony won both TSO and Q8 (or Q16, forget which).

Between Dave, Tony, Chris, and Ted I think that next year TSO is going to be great to watch! Thanks to all of you.

Congratulations my friend.

It seems like only yesterday when you started this quest. From beating the tar out of everything on the streets in Jackson in the mid 90's to where you are today. It was just before Buick's at Bristol in '99, when your goal was, "If I can just get a 9 second pass, I'll be happy."

Result?

DaveatBristol99.jpg

BAM! 9.99 at a buck thirty five.

I've watched you fight more battles with this car than we care to remember. You've shed more blood sweat and tears that anyone I've ever known in the Buick community. And because of this, your persistence and tenacity have finally paid off. I am so proud of you for achieving your goal, that some have said was impossible a few years ago. And to think, you were so close to achieving this goal at the end of last year. Dave is the type of guy who would give you the shirt off his back to help you. And I'm proud to say he's my friend.

mycar516.jpg

mycar524.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

FiscusNorwalk06.jpg

FiscusLaz.jpg

Good job buddy. I knew you could do it.

Patrick

Man, was that a great trip down memory lane!! Thanks for throwing up the pics, Patrick.

Congrats Dave...all the pine trees are down here cheering for ya!!! Almost all of the TSO guys are stepping up the game!!! Wow...gotta be in the 7's to even be competitive?!?!? That friggin rocks. Don't stop now!! How fast will that beeyotch go.....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

How many memebers of the 7 sec TSO club now?

Buddy,

YOU DID IT !!!!!!!!! in big fashion 176+ imagine if you had that RPE Bullet in a tube chassis 2500 Lb stick car but then we would be talking 6s with an automatic, but we all know you don't take the easy way out.
Man another V6 stock suspension buick that runs 7s with a 88 turbo I know how much you fought this year to get the number you definitly deserve it bud. Its been amazing how many passes you have on that motor all in the low 8s and its stayed together no broken chains blown gaskets etc..... thats a feat many just cant nail down. Next year with you, Ted, Chris, TSO will be real exciting !!! with all thats been done and shown this year its a shame that some are still willing to sell there V6 stuff (cheap) to go the V8 route but then there's the old saying if you can't beat em join em :D My only regret was that I was not there to see it and share in the excitment. Now at 176 + I guess I got to step up my game THANKS ALOT!!! ;)

Big Congrats Dave! You should come out to Cecil next year and run that thing in Real Street it would be VERY competitive. The last time I saw a Buick in that class was uhhhh.... well last Saturday and he was on BIG radials but the best he could muster up was a BLISTERING 6.80, hell that thing couldnt even come anywhere near even hanging with the 275 guys!You shoulda seen the spectators laughing after that long hard burn out and then a 5 second reaction time trying to spool it on a pro tree! It kinda looked like it was his first time at a REAL race so maybe it was just lack of experience or the car broke??? I didnt see it return to the lanes for the 2nd qualifier, I guess I would have been embarrased too.

Big Congrats Dave! You should come out to Cecil next year and run that thing in Real Street it would be VERY competitive. The last time I saw a Buick in that class was uhhhh.... well last Saturday and he was on BIG radials but the best he could muster up was a BLISTERING 6.80, hell that thing couldnt even come anywhere near even hanging with the 275 guys!You shoulda seen the spectators laughing after that long hard burn out and then a 5 second reaction time trying to spool it on a pro tree! It kinda looked like it was his first time at a REAL race so maybe it was just lack of experience or the car broke??? I didnt see it return to the lanes for the 2nd qualifier, I guess I would have been embarrased too.

Good thing you cant look at 1/8 times to figure out what that car would run in the 1/4 cause if you could some certain MD Buicks might actually have a chance;)

This thread is to congratulate Dave's accomplishments.
Let's keep the off topic crap out of this thread please.
I think Dave deserves the attention and respect.

i agree john tony should beat his chest in the thread he made for himself that nobody gave 2 squirts of p1ss about. an awsome achievement ... brag about makn more power with a single than me 6 yearrs later and thousands of dollars and countless engines. wow if it were me i would have invested a little bit of that money on hooked on phonics as well as the barber who cut that built in beanie into his dome... sorry for messing up your thread dave