Dates / Time , Rules and Classes for the Buick South Event.

I'd have to drive 2,000 miles to show support of race classes I don't want to support. :eek:

Problem with race cars and classes is always the rules. ;)

I will be there for sure if I drive or fly down to FLA.

Only a half hour from where I could be staying.

How about a rental car class. :D

My turbo is a GT70 double ball bearing, spools quicker than a stocker with 3200 stall. :)

I'd like to see 100-150lbs. added too, normal street cars. :cool:

I wonder if the HR Parts swaybar is legal? Non stock mounting points and all......

tlturbo..bring that brick and get sum.. i'll run ya on 93 pump gas. There.. whats the problem..you wanna race..bring it. Better yet, keep it home waxed :eek:

You too Tino.. I aint skeered :p .. I wont push mine either.. better hope it hits 10.7's on 93.. BTW, tell Manny he can get sum :) ..

Personally.. I dont care what you got as long as its on 93, but being we're trying to make a class for the masses, the idea has shifted to make it more competitive.

Plus who would run a large shaft with 50 lb injectors :rolleyes:

So looks like there are some wanting outlaw 93. well.. lets all put 20 bucks each in a pot, winner takes all ;) same rules as above, 3500 lbs, any tire, any turbo, any injectors, any ecm, stock suspension, 10 gallons 93? Hey I need to pay for parts :) 10 cars = 200 bucks.. three rounds, fastest ET takes the pot. So if ya bust it and drill the number, you win the $$$.

I can start trash talking rite.. :D

You're on Julio. Let me know what tires you'll be on and I'll have Roy carry my ET streets or a set of slicks. I might not have alky to run higher boost, but you better speak to Laz and have him explain what the short, fat blue bottle in my trunk is.

Originally posted by tino
You're on Julio. Let me know what tires you'll be on and I'll have Roy carry my ET streets or a set of slicks. I might not have alky to run higher boost, but you better speak to Laz and have him explain what the short, fat blue bottle in my trunk is.

Got NAWS?:D

Originally posted by 86brick
Got NAWS?:D

Who me :D

hint..shark nozzle.. ;) takes care of your little blue pill.

hey on 93 octane.. thats the key

Also have sum alky to go with that extra little sumthen...

PS.. bring slicks :eek:

"Plus who would run a large shaft with 50 lb injectors "

You are right that's just crazy. :eek:

I stepped up to the 55's. :D

Not looking for an outlaw class.

Just the stock heads and cam alky. class. :)

And 3500lb. uncut streetcar weight class. :cool:

Originally posted by salvageV6

Not looking for an outlaw class.

Just the stock heads and cam alky. class. :)

And 3500lb. uncut streetcar weight class. :cool:

Cant make everybody happy .. especially when they have huge turbo's. The stock heads and cam.. how does one verify this?

Best has been whats been made.. simple small turbo class, becuase of it fitting the "typical daily driver".

Guys with aluminum heads, large shaft turbo's, soft compound tires, etc.. we can all grudge race. But not part of the "street class". cant make everyone happy unfortunately, unless we made 300 classes, where everyone has a separate class.

I just want to put up the number, and have someone try and put up a faster one.. but thats me personally.

Gotta go get that tank filled :D

You want to know who has 50 pound injectors with a large shaft turbo? I do! I'm not sure how long you guys have had your cars, but I've had mine for 5 years. That means that every year, something is done to the car. Each and every one of us are Buick Challenged. The more money we spend, the faster we make them, the more **** we want to do to them. It never ends. When my 54 took a crap a couple of years ago, instead of replacing it with a small shaft turbo, I looked ahead and knew eventually I would buy a bigger turbo. I bought a turbo that moved slightly more air, but would be a better piece. Injectors will come if needed. I'll bum them of Roy or Laz, but since I'm not racing the car, the 50s are fine.

Hi, my name is Tino, I have 50 # injectors with a large shaft turbo and I am Buick Challenged.....please help me!

I got 50's too ;)

And an itty bitty turbo :( so I know all bout squeezing blood from a turnip.. or in Miami, a Boniato :D

I like the rules, i guess cause they fit me so well.;)
As for the xylene can we put it in at the Amoco, i dont want to run so little gas and a couple gallons of xylene. I do appreciate that rule, it just makes it a little safer for us little guys against blowin up. Are Nittos considered radials?

Scott

IrvJr, thanks to your posts, decisions were made. Pull up to the Amoco, put the xylene in, fill in the extra 10 gallons.. done.

Yes Nitto's are radials. As long as the word radial in any form is on the sidewall of the tire, its legal. Drag radial, winter radial, all season radial, econo radial, walmart radial, etc.... are legal. the new MT radials are also legal.

BTW last thursday nite a Mustang at Bradenton ran 8.08 at 181 on "radials".. Worlds fastest car on radials ;)

When did this years event become a 93 octane race? What happened to last years classes? Why are there no bracket races?
Inquiring minds just want to know.

The reason for the 93 class was to make a simple class that would encompass the majority of TR's. Its a concept to which we dont know how well it will work out. T-minus 35 days approx..

There will be grudge racing, test-n-tune, and the classes stated.

I personally go to the track to get time slips and have fun. If I dont fit into a class.. no matter.. I will still enjoy the car.

Hope you can make it. Actually 11.0 @ 123 .. we may need to line them up :)

I agree with what you are saying but, if there is no class for me to race in, then $50 seems a little steep for test and tune. And I would love to line them up with you. I am sure it will still be a very good time. I have been going to Buick events for 15 years and always enjoyed them.

50 may seem steep to some, but how often do you get to go to the track and have a bunch of other TR's to line up with. Vendors to go and look at TR parts, guys you meet on the boards, cars to look at, etc.. And to most of us, in our own back yard..

Theres a lot of politics floating, to which I dont want to be a part off. The money to payout for the stage cars, outlaw cars, etc.. has to come from somewhere.. along to pay for the track. It all revolves around $$$. I live close and can TNT for 15 bucks on any thursday.. and the 50 for the event.. is a non issue.

Every Buick event I have attended and not brought my car I have regretted not doing so.

See ya guys.. i'm personally turning wrenches as I write to make the event.

Peace..

Full exhaust is required. However, electrical cut outs are permitted

I have dual exhaust. One side is a straight pipe, the other side is a muffler. This is ok, right?

Pull up to the Amoco, put the xylene in, fill in the extra 10 gallons.. done

Even I just may do that.;)

My turbo is a GT70 double ball bearing

So what is the difference between having a 70 turbo with stock block and heads, or a 60 series with ported heads?

:)

Those tires look interesting. :cool:

I don't think anyone with stock heads and cam will be competitive in this class anyway.

Let alone with a small shaft turbo with them. ;)

Especially a full weight car. :(

Ya gotta have rules though.

If I drive down my car will be there for sure even if it's test and tune.

How many passes do you think we'll get to tune before the racing starts? :D

Highlights from the GSCA TSS site:
=================
No fiberglass body parts, fiberglass bumpers or hood scoops.

Iron cylinder head castings required. No Stage 2 or aluminum heads.

Factory stock type copper core radiator in stock location required.

No front mount intercoolers are allowed

Stock ECM or modified stock ECM required with one chip only.

No thumb wheel chips allowed.

Any fuel injectors allowed, 6 maximum.

Factory stock appearing fuel tank required w/no additional cells or sumps.

Gasoline fuel only, no additives, alcohol, or nitrous oxide injection allowed.

Air conditioning operational w/belt in stock location.

Battery, one (1) only and it may be in any location.

Stock type electric engine cooling fan required.

Any matched set of four (4), 15" diameter chrome steel or aluminum wheels allowed.

Rear drag slicks w/sidewall designation up to 28.0" x 10.5" x 15". No "W" tires allowed.

Stock transmission shifter required.
=================

So, for our race, the only changes so far are:
1. No slicks.
2. Xylene can be added before we put our "ten gallons" in.
3. Alcohol and other power adders are permitted.
4. A/C does not have to be working.

So I have the following questions:
dual fans?
aluminum core radiator?
aftermarket (B&M) shifter?
Iron heads can be ported?
non-15" tires are allowed?
no maxeffort thumbwheels?

I believe the TTS rules while good for the TSS class leave a lot to be desired.

I will say the majority of Florida cars have upgraded cooling systems.. So dual fans, aluminum radiators, aluminum water pumps, aluminum pulleys, etc.. are all ok. Who ever said no fan upgrades didnt own one in Fla.

Any shifter is ok.

Ported irons are ok. Any and all iron heads will be permitted. Just no aluminums.

Any street radial tire from 13 inch to 24 inch. Any width as long as your frame isnt modified. Run it on your 20 inch P'zero's.

Thumbwheel chips are ok.. hey if you can dial it in from the seat of your car.. no problemo. Must run off a factory 7148 ECM. No FAST, AEM, DFI, etc..

Also TTA's will be allowed as long as they meet the weight requirements. I'll paint mine black if need be :D.

No big shaft turbo's. Sorry. No liquid IC's, Must be a radial tire. have an AC system, current tags and registration.

Aftermarket headers are OK.

Any other rules need to be addressed.