Dash and Radio problems

geetee

I everyone I'm a newbie to this site. I brought a 87 GN about a month ago. Just recently everytime I start her up the digital dash might display gallons and miles. Another time it might display liters and kilometers. Also when the igniton off the radio will loose the time and preset stations. Can anybody help me out thanks

I would start by checking the radio power leads. My bet is that they tied to the cig lighter and the wire has melted into the harness. Good luck

Bryan

I everyone I'm a newbie to this site. I brought a 87 GN about a month ago. Just recently everytime I start her up the digital dash might display gallons and miles. Another time it might display liters and kilometers. Also when the igniton off the radio will loose the time and preset stations. Can anybody help me out thanks

They wired the memory wire (yellow probably) into an ignition fused wire. So when you turn the car off, the memory goes out. The memory wire needs to be wired to a battery source fuse that works even when the car is off. The lighter (orange wire) would work for you since it works even when the car is off. I can't remember the color of the factory wire that is used for the factory radio. You could use a continuity tester and check which wire is hot when the car is turned off.