Dang Dust storm

SVORay

Well that was a blast. I was actually in Dallas and had to drive home in that crap. Then only to return home to find a huge mess. The pool looked like a swamp and part of the fence was blown down. Heck, I had mini sand dunes in my house. It actually blew that crap under all the doors...including the garage:eek:

I've been working on this mess all day long.

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

Uh.....holy ****.

We didn't get it that bad here. Other than my house smelling like fresh dirt all day. Had to turn on the AC and filter that silt out.

The pool photo's are amazing.

Ya, Dallas wasn't that bad. You guys have tons of buildings and trees etc to help block the wind. It wasn't until outside of Wetherford that things really got crazy. Anyhow, after a few hours I finnaly got the pool in working condition. I'll mess around with the fence tomorrow.

Well off subject a little, where do the hotroders hang out in Dallas?

where in West Texas?

I was out visiting my folks that weekend in Plains, about 1 hour southwest of Lubbock. We tried to go somewhere, but turned back when we couldn't see the road anymore. it was bad, but not the worst I have experienced.

I'm in Midland about 2 hrs south of Lubbock.

Ya, I'm sure it was next to impossible to nagivate the road up around Amarillo with all those Cotton fields. We have the same issues...exspecaily around Stanton Texas, 13 miles west of Midland.

I took the opportunity to strap my dirty aluminum parts to the fence and get 'em sandblasted :cool: Had to move about 1000 tumbleweeds out of the way first.

(Lubbock)

Well off subject a little, where do the hotroders hang out in Dallas?

I have a kid so I have no idea. There's a Keller's Hamburger joint up the road from me. On Saturday nights there are 20-30 cars all decked out in the back parking lot. I regularly see a black and yellow GSX and there's always a couple of GN's. Not really a ricer scene, mostly muscle cars.

When I get the GN back in rolling order, I will make my presence known over there.

Its like really clean dust. Has multiple uses. You can even eat it if its not yellow. :tongue:

I'm all for multiple use stuff...it's like a servival thing :D

notacarlo said:
I have a kid so I have no idea. There's a Keller's Hamburger joint up the road from me. On Saturday nights there are 20-30 cars all decked out in the back parking lot. I regularly see a black and yellow GSX and there's always a couple of GN's. Not really a ricer scene, mostly muscle cars.

When I get the GN back in rolling order, I will make my presence known over there.

Cool, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in town...if I can find it lol. I never heard of a Keller's joint. Anyhow, I'm working hard trying get my Regal road worthy. Once it's done I may make a few trips to some LSBPC shows etc.