Damn PCV part II

opzWE4

Well, after fighting the pcv sucking more oil than an oil rig, I finally took some of the advise I found on here. I pulled the intake and reworked the valley pan.

I installed a new valley pan, and modified it so that the oil return line had no chance to get oil on top of the valley pan. While I was in there, I installed a new braided stainless oil return line, and did some minor porting of the intake. Along with some new paint on everything, and I polished a few things also.

I finally got everything back together yesterday, and it's running pretty smooth. Went out driving today, and it runs like a raped ape ( of coarse it's pretty cool out). I installed a clear inline filter so I can watch what's going from the pcv to the TB. The amount of driving I did would have filled that filter up a month ago, and this time I got back and not one drop of oil in it. A little moisture, but not much, and NO OIL! I want to put a little more time on it before I'm sure this was a fix, but early indications are that the oil problem may be fixed.
Best of all I don't have to run that oil seperator/ jar/ filter mess under the hood now. :D :D

Quote : "I installed a new valley pan, and modified it so that the oil return line had no chance to get oil on top of the valley pan."

Can you tell me what modifications you did to the valley pan gasket. ? Any pictures of the modification ? Thx.

congrads, looks like you got the problem taken care of. Your first thread made me very curious what it was. :)

Good job. :D

XLR8ER, basically when I removed the intake I could see that the oil return line actually showed above the valley pan, so when oil was coming back into the block, part of it was just squirting on top of the valley pan, so it was constantly wet with oil. What I did was set the new valley pan, and look at it where the oil return comes in. I then took my duckbills and bent the valley pan up in a section near the return hole. I just shaped things a little until when I test fit it, it looked like no oil could get on top. After studying it pretty close it doesn't appear that there is any other way for oil to really get up on top of the valley pan, at least not enough to cause the kind of problems I was having. Make cense?