cutlass doors on a GN?

ekafrawy

United States of Space
I may pick up a set of doors from and 87 cutlass 2 door. These doors have side moldings down the middle of the door and a wide chrome molding on the lower portion of the dooe. My question is, are these just glued on or are there holes drilled in the door for them to be mounted?
I'm hoping i can just peel these off with a heat gun and then sand prime and paint black.

Thanks,

Eric

The bottoms will have holes at each end, and studs running in between them. The center moulding should just be stick on.

They will interchange, but you will need to do a bit of grinding and filling. The molding in the middle is most likely dealer added, and held in with pop rivets.

Got Cutlass doors on the Buick. They had a trim down the center which was mechanicaly fastened to the door. Had to weld those holes shut. Photo of doors below which are now on the car.

Attachments

• doors.jpg
    doors.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 215
ok, thanks for the info. One more question. How do i replciate the textured look of the paint on the lower door panel. Its not 100% smooth like the rest of the metal on the door.

Eric

Which other cars had the same doors as the GN without the middle door molding and lower chrome trim?

Any Regal or Cutlass wide out the moldings. Those wide lower moldings were an option on the base models and standard equipment on the top of the line models. Heck they have to painted and prepped anyway. Why not use what you have?