Custom motor mounts

AnArKey

About what can I expect to pay to have a Toyota motor put in a GN? Just to the point where the tranny and motor are bolted in, the rest I can do.

Please don't tell me to keep it all Buick. I'm only doing this cause the car just won't sell as a roller period. And I have access to a motor, tranny, ECU, wire harness, the whole thing for a 2JZ-GE motor (NA version of Supra motor) a VERY low price. Good future potential (NA-T converted Supras have gone 10s with bolt ons), and at least I could drive it. Putting it back together as a Buick motor will cost me 3-4x as much.

So if physically getting the motor in the car is priced right, I may go this route.

WHAT?? If your gonna do all that work, use a 4.0 V8 :)

a SBC would be cheaper than both routes, and a ****load easier!

OK, tell me where to buy a fully running, fuel injected, SBC, with wiring harness and transmission for $900. No? Thought so.

Buy an LT1 for $1500. They are all over the place now. Look on Ebay, your local papers, wrecking yards, etc. They are most common in the 94-96 Caprices, Roadmasters, Olds Wagons, etc. Atleast you can buy off the shelf mounts AND wont have to pay someone to fabricate mounts and other b.s.
Regardless of whether it is a Ferrari engine or Toyota engine.....
it might be a great deal for $900, but it doesnt do you jack **** if you have to pay someone hundreds of dollars to install it.
It is almost worth paying a little bit more to get something that bolts in. It sounds like installing the Toyota would make it even harder to sell...atleast in the Buick community.