Moon roof motor. Perfect condition

karolko

I am selling a perfect condition moon roof motor. I took it apart to inspect and photograph the gear and worm drive. I honestly don’t think this thing was ever used.

I have a video of it functioning as well if someone is interested.

$150 plus the ride.

I doubt You will find one in better condition

Attachments

• F7B3248F-A857-48E1-9FD0-0EA8B5B0D5FB.jpeg
    F7B3248F-A857-48E1-9FD0-0EA8B5B0D5FB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • EBACF9D7-7BB7-4F82-BAB5-8ED87DBD422E.jpeg
    EBACF9D7-7BB7-4F82-BAB5-8ED87DBD422E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Do you have any other Astro roof parts? Like the springs or any other parts that might help keep it up?

I probably do, the only problem is that I am away for three weeks for work so it will have to wait. Send me some photos or diagram of exactly you would like.

I’ve been waiting years so a few weeks isn’t no big deal. I’ll try to see if there’s a diagram out there

I am selling a perfect condition moon roof motor. I took it apart to inspect and photograph the gear and worm drive. I honestly don’t think this thing was ever used.

I have a video of it functioning as well if someone is interested.

$150 plus the ride.

I doubt You will find one in better condition
Hi, Do you still have this motor for sale? I found 2 that were out of a Cadillac eldorado that are being shipped my way. If for some reason they don't work I need a back up plan.

It took the administrator a few days to approve my new membership or I would've contacted you before I made the purchases.

Yup, still have it. Let me know if your eldorado motors do not work out. I would recommend opening them up and checking the work gears before installing. H ave had 2 in the past which sounded OK, but the worm gear was on its way out. How it spun I don’t know.

Yup, still have it. Let me know if your eldorado motors do not work out. I would recommend opening them up and checking the work gears before installing. H ave had 2 in the past which sounded OK, but the worm gear was on its way out. How it spun I don’t know.
Thanks for the reply, my original motor worm gear wore right to nothing and nobody around rebuilds them. I tried building up a weld to simulate the gear, looked good when I was finished, but the driving gear was pretty warn too.

Attachments

• IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1870.jpeg
    IMG_1870.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1869.jpeg
    IMG_1869.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1867.jpeg
    IMG_1867.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
That is a Nobel attempt at repairing the worm gear. What filler rod did you use for that material?

good to know.

As i said, let me know if you need the motor. It will not disappoint you.

Do you by chance have the entire cable assembly? The plastic peice in the cable assembly for the rear of the glass mount broke.

The motor I got works.