Custom fuel cell

karolko

hello,

i was wondering if anyone here has built a custom fuel cell for their turbo buicks?

fabricating is not a problem, i just want some ideas to help me along the way.

from what i know, which is very little, these aluminum fuel cells for sale are jsut square boxes that hold in the fuel, some come with baffles and some do not.

what i would like to do is remove the factor fuel tank and then flush mount the new one so that i still have space in the truck.

can anyone point me in the right direction? website maybe. i am having a hard time tracking this info down.

thanks

G body parts sells a cell that goes in the spare tire well. I think it holds around 6 gallons. You can get it so that the factory hanger w/pump will go into it. There is also a limited quantity of these left.

G body parts sells a cell that goes in the spare tire well. I think it holds around 6 gallons. You can get it so that the factory hanger w/pump will go into it. There is also a limited quantity of these left.

They were made by metco and they fit very well.

well what i want to do is cut out and redo the entire trunk pan as well, that would include eliminating the spare tire well (i hate looking at that thing from behind)

Any other ideas?

turboworks is selling aluminum gas tanks on Ebay. Contact him via e-bay. He may be willing to buiild something for you.
Conrad C.