Custom Billet 62

Wow, I like the sounds of this one. I keep debating if I should go to a new generation turbo on my setup
You should back to back the three. Yours, a 6262 and Bisons.
You could do it around the Sound Performance Dyno Day in April

What sort of pressure ratio are you actually running the car at? I'm guessing this is similar/the same turbo to the one Bison has for sale on the forum right now.

Is the PR where it is efficient so high that it would not make logical sense to run on a 93+alky car? I'm considering the change to E85, but would like to know some more opinions. Also this assumes that Bison still has another one of these sitting around.

I would be looking at the 3" x 2" E cover version. would do either precision .63 or garrett .63 by recommendation...

Thanks for your help, hopefully not messin up your thread!

-D

I run 30 psi. I have stock cam/heads..I was pm'ing Brian because i wanted to make my goal a reality and i knew he could help me. Bison told me he had a hybrid turbo he wanted me to try out for him. Learning more about what he had i decided to buy it over a PTE 6262 that i had in mind. I really wanted the benefit of the Garret .63 to help me spool faster than the pte housing. I drive this car on the street i didn't want a laggy turbo. He told me that i would feel BIG GAINS over the previous 60-1 i had because of the pressure i was running with Ethanol. From what i understand im the 1st with this hybrid turbo he made but he does have more not sure how many tho? I can promise you it is everything he told me. While my previous 60-1 was running out of breath this one really shines in "pull feel" it pulls like a train and i really havent felt that point where its just out of breath. Car is VERY fast and im happy, i really don't know why people haven't jumped on them yet. Im glad i bought it!

My turbo is basically a 62 High Pressure Wheel with a Stage 5 Turbine and a Garrett .63 E Cover. If you really want something for your application i suggest you pm Bison your goal and your application and he'll run his#'s and give you his opinion on what would be a good setup. I have read alot of posting's on this site and one person i feel i can trust his opinion is his. There are other guy's too that i take there opinion's serious but not very many. For the record i dont get paid or discounts for saying these things, but if you read any of his postings you can figure out someone who actually know's what they are saying. Hope i helped..

I havent bought tires yet to get my slip.. but i wont be scared to get next to a high 10 sec car and run there a s s DOWN!

pte fmic.JPG

PART_1358788459366.jpeg

Thank you for your quick reply. I am also looking for a fast spooling setup (my current one is pretty insanely fast) but also one that can support bigger power on the big end of the track. I am looking to push the TE60 on the car currently as far as it will run, but I am not quite there yet I don't think. 10.78@122 has me concerned that there is something not quite right in the 2nd half of the track. My car does have aftermarket heads and cam though.

I do have the parts to go E85, I just have not done it yet. partially because I want to see where I can get to on 93 and alcohol.

I'm always hesitant to PM Bison because I am sure he gets flooded with stuff daily. I'm sure that would get old.

I would like to go 10.very lows with the car, whether it be on E85 or 93+alcohol. and I still want it to be a street beater that doesn't spool like a turd.

-D

My previous turbo TE60 i recorded a 1 sec frame from 0 - 29 psi. It was the fastest thing i ever had BUT it wouldnt pull so much on top of 3rd. It just felt like it wouldnt pull HARD it was outa breath for what i was tryna do. With the new one i have the difference is night and day. Doesn't spool as fast "but sure isnt slow or laggy" just not as fast.. But it really really shines on top and makes up for it in strength on top. At the boost pressure i run it makes the difference, anything lower than 25psi the TE60 is very hard to beat in spool and power.

How much boost you running?

currently up to 21 with 19° timing in all gears (TH400) Did not get a chance to push it when I was running it, though I was coming across a little blip of knock late in 3rd. probably not enough alcohol/fuel, as it was decently cold and very good air. nearly maxed out the TT6.0 chip in terms of WOT fuel adjustment at 10.8 AFR.

perhaps I should be working on getting the boost to 25 through the TE60. I am just trying to keep the combo from being too mismatched as is seen all too often... currently I feel it is working well together.

Your time's are very impressive for 21 psi. Are you using a powerlogger to log your boost and afr etc?

Yes, I have logging capability of just about everything but alcohol pressure (including fuel pressure). I use a cell in the trunk to minimize the effect of sloshing alky though (did not like the coolant bottle tank much, and it started leaking) and definitely running a wideband with a gauge and logging capabilities. if you wanna look at it, I would be more than happy to share.

No need to share, if your logging all that than you should know your weak point on the knock blip on top of 3rd. I was assuming you might not be logging and your boost is spiking over 21 psi, Very impressive time with such small boost. If you have everything for E85 i would suggest to dive right in the ethanol. Bump your timing up and turn up the boost up. My goal is to run your time but with my stock application.

What sort of pressure ratio are you actually running the car at? I'm guessing this is similar/the same turbo to the one Bison has for sale on the forum right now.

Is the PR where it is efficient so high that it would not make logical sense to run on a 93+alky car? I'm considering the change to E85, but would like to know some more opinions. Also this assumes that Bison still has another one of these sitting around.

I would be looking at the 3" x 2" E cover version. would do either precision .63 or garrett .63 by recommendation...

Thanks for your help, hopefully not messin up your thread!

-D
Youve gone about as far as ive seen on a TE60. That 6262 could support a lot more power than the TE60 even with the boost at the levels you have now. With heads and cam it will run low 10's if pushed. Ive got plenty hanging around. You would want the larger ex housing. Either Precision .63 or Garrett .82. Email if interested.

DoubleD, impressive times, what does your car weigh?

Chrisss: I still cannot pinpoint the knock to a single thing... I'll need to look at it again.

Pronto: I have not weighed the car. It does not have any HVAC, has steel bumper supports, manual seats, power windows and locks and an astroroof. and chrome bumpers. It cannot be THAT light. the wheels I run are lightweight, but the tires really aren't.

Bison: So you feel the 6262 would be a better option than one similar to Chrisss's ? I will PM you.

Any part throttle surge issues with one of these hybrid turbos? I'm so hesitant to put anything on my new motor that doesn't have a ported housing because of my current part throttle surge issues with my TE44! I have to use a tornado to keep the surge under control; like a cork. I'm curious on compression ratio, heads, and cam used with this hybrid turbo and part throttle surge. Staying with a 3x2 E cover would be great vs a ported 4x2.5! I wouldn't even need the IAC adapter I bought. I've been thinking ported S-cover 6266 until reading this.

Thanks for posting.

Any part throttle surge issues with one of these hybrid turbos? I'm so hesitant to put anything on my new motor that doesn't have a ported housing because of my current part throttle surge issues with my TE44! I have to use a tornado to keep the surge under control; like a cork. I'm curious on compression ratio, heads, and cam used with this hybrid turbo and part throttle surge. Staying with a 3x2 E cover would be great vs a ported 4x2.5! I wouldn't even need the IAC adapter I bought. I've been thinking ported S-cover 6266 until reading this.

Thanks for posting.
Unfortunately the 3" inlet housing cant be easily ported. Theres just not enough meat there to do so. The OP's engine is unopened and he's looking to run 6's in the eighth. The larger turbine will slow down the part throttle surge but i would expect some at moderate throttle angles. You would be better off with a larger cover and a smaller compressor for what youre doing. Even a GT35r compressor with a stage 5 would work really well in a ported cover if youre looking to support more mass flow than the current setup by running the boost higher. The 6266 is a 9 sec turbo on the right combo.

Unfortunately the 3" inlet housing cant be easily ported. Theres just not enough meat there to do so. The OP's engine is unopened and he's looking to run 6's in the eighth. The larger turbine will slow down the part throttle surge but i would expect some at moderate throttle angles. You would be better off with a larger cover and a smaller compressor for what youre doing. Even a GT35r compressor with a stage 5 would work really well in a ported cover if youre looking to support more mass flow than the current setup by running the boost higher. The 6266 is a 9 sec turbo on the right combo.

Much appreciated. I am shooting for high 9's @ 135+ with race gas and alky but mostly mid-10s @ 125 on pump and alky. I'd like to even stay with the single nozzle alky and run race gas when I want to crank the boost and run over 125mph. Is the 6266 not worth running at 20psi even on a 9:1 engine? I really know nothing about the GT wheels at all. Is a GT35r billet; what size? The stage 5 turbine is cast though right? What ported housing would you recommend and can you build one?

Shoot me a PM please if this is too far off topic. I'm buying something in the next 6 months and getting this motor in before the season ends; I hope...