Custom Billet 62

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Talking to Bison recently about my combo and my goal's. He suggested to try out one of his custom made Billet 62's with a Garrett .63 Exh housing. He told me it would not only make my goal a reality but could even do more. Just got a knock at the door and it showed up.. It's a nice piece no doubt about it. She will be on later today wow what a nice turbo. Thanks Brian

PART_1357402599784.jpeg

PART_1357401566007.jpeg

PART_1357401569167.jpeg

thats very sweet chrisss. now get that thing on and get to pbir or countyline and make a pass or two!

thats a nice looking peice,and with the garrett.63 it should spool real fast.

I've seen this turbo personally when Bison was over my house working on our cam project an I was really impressed. I may decide to have a custom high pressure wheel fitted to my turbo.
AG.

I've seen this turbo personally when Bison was over my house working on our cam project an I was really impressed. I may decide to have a custom high pressure wheel fitted to my turbo.
AG.
Would be nice if someone like Bison lived near me lol.
Who manufactured the 62 billet wheel? Also what turbine is wheels is it bolted to?

JT'sV6 said:
Who manufactured the 62 billet wheel? Also what turbine is wheels is it bolted to?

I don't know the details and I'm sure Bison is in business and would prefer to keep his sources proprietary.

AG.

JT'sV6 said:

Bison lived within about 1/4 mile growing up as kids. Because of our slight age difference we didn't go to school together. I guess it's a coincidence that we are into Buicks.

AG

The turbine is very close to a stage 5. Excellent high shaft speed flow and will allow that compressor wheel to really flow if the engine can swallow it. The Garrett .63 will choke flow it a little if looking to get the most out of it but the increase in spool especially on a stock headed engine is well worth it and it's easily swapped for a bigger housing later. Chris will be able to take big time advantage with this wheel over the cast 60-1 he had before with the pressure ratios he runs on e85 application. The cast 60-1 starts dropping a lot of flow over 2.5:1 PR/60lbs/min. This new wheel will continue to move air and the backpressure will drop a lot over 4800 rpm with the switch from the old stage 3. He may need to open the wastegate bypass a little. The comp wheels country of origin is Japan.

Attachments

• image-845274268.jpg
    image-845274268.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 265
What combo is that going on? Expected et?

You can have your 60-1 back, send me that one!!! That thing is beautiful.

czimpel said:

When you are outgrowing the 60-1 lmk. I'll give you a high percentage back toward one of these.

I loved that 60-1 i just needed to step up some to reach my goal. If not i promise the one i sold you would still be on my car, It spooled super fast & it would light up my tires @ any mph. It's a great turbo im sure you will enjoy it.

I know it will be a great turbo, jdpolzin told me that with my combo this turbo will be great. Good luck with the new setup, I will be running E85 as well.

Bison and Chrisss, that turbo is a work of art!

CZimpel, you'll be happy with your 60-1, I think all of us, including Bison would agree that a 60-1 is a great all around turbo. There is always benefits in utilizing newer technology turbos but for the price and combo goals, the 60-1 is one of my favorite all around turbos.

We are using a smaller vesion of that compressor wheel in a snowmobile turbo we just got done doing. It is GREAT, super fast spool and just keeps going. Nice piece Bison
Mike

Wow, I like the sounds of this one. I keep debating if I should go to a new generation turbo on my setup