Current Draw

dabobbo

So I finally have a chance to chase down this current draw that drains the battery, and I was just wondering what reading I am shooting for.

I have a digital multimeter set to 200ma and when I test, I'm getting an 11.5 reading (11.5 ma?). I unplug the large fan relay and it drops to 7.5, so there is one thing to replace. When I also remove the 20a clk fuse it drops again to 2.5. Two questions: is 2.5 normal or am I looking for lower? And what in the clk circuit should I look at? I don't have a diagram so I'm not sure what to look at. Thanks!

Bob

Take that fan delay relay and throw it as far as you can. Then walk out to where it landed and smash it with a hammer. Set fire to the renaming pieces and give the gods some sulfur smoke.

Close the hood and wonder how that relay lasted this long.

What no beer drinking in that process? Earl did that 19 yr old from yesterdays thread scare you into omitting that very important detail from this process?

It need to be so violently smashed it would cause the beer to jostle and foam.

The delay relay is a giant POS that has no business on the car, but that's still no reason to take it out on an innocent beer :)