Curious of possible hp with what I have

JDT

I bought this car and going I am trying to figure out what kind of hp/torque this build might have, and what might be needing upgraded. Here is what I have in no specific order.
Walbro 340 fuel pump and hotwire kit
Big Mouth Air induction kit
Alcohol Intake kit from Alkycontrol
#42.5 fuel injectors from racetronics
Comp Cam 980 valve springs
208/208 Erson cam
RJC power plate
bored.020 over with diamond pistons
rollermaster timing chain
head and valve job... unknown what was done just have receipt for the work HL85A lifters
ARP head and rod bolts
ARP main stud kit
turbotweak alcohol 91/94 chip
TE-44 turbo
3" downpipe
no cat and good flowing exhaust
has a large front intercooler
27067034_1737638726256246_4544451112219827836_n.jpg

You want us to guess at the motor or the wheels? Are you still running the 200r4 trans? What is your guess before you dyno it?

If heads are ported and all in perfect shape with good converter around 26 psi with decent timing and good cool air.....my guess low/mid 400's

Last edited:
I bought this car and going I am trying to figure out what kind of hp/torque this build might have, and what might be needing upgraded. Here is what I have in no specific order.
Walbro 340 fuel pump and hotwire kit
Big Mouth Air induction kit
Alcohol Intake kit from Alkycontrol
#42.5 fuel injectors from racetronics
Comp Cam 980 valve springs
208/208 Erson cam
RJC power plate
bored.020 over with diamond pistons
rollermaster timing chain
head and valve job... unknown what was done just have receipt for the work HL85A lifters
ARP head and rod bolts
ARP main stud kit
turbotweak alcohol 91/94 chip
TE-44 turbo
3" downpipe
no cat and good flowing exhaust
has a large front intercoolerView attachment 316450
That build will do more than the 44 turbo (550/580crank hp) and 42lb injectors will make.only an aggressive tune will get you max power on a 44 turbo.

Thanks guys. The person who built the car did an awesome job with it and I am using it for street only. Car shows and trips to the ice cream store. I had a feeling the injectors would be holding the power back which is fine for me. It still has the 200r4 transmission but has a build sheet with it also for handling up to 800hp and the receipts. Its a fun car to drive and picked it up from a dealership who I am guessing never bothered to go through the giant box of paper work in the trunk.

You want us to guess at the motor or the wheels? Are you still running the 200r4 trans? What is your guess before you dyno it?
I was thinking at the wheels about 400. I had a cutlass that hit 400 at the crank with 450 lbs of torque and this car is at a whole different level. It came with a scanmaster and has powerlogger software I need to get installed on my laptop.

Last edited:
Think about getting an LS1 mass air flow sensor and Translator . Trust me you will like it .
Ill have to look into that once my money tree grows a couple more limbs. Works slow this time of year for me. Is it just a plug and play conversion?

I understand on the money tree LOL , and WELCOME to the site , Its great , alot of good folks . And it is just plug n play , you can find the MAF sensor about anywhere but check one of our vendors for the Translator . You may luck up and find one in the parts for sale section . Like I said , Welcome to the site , grab a beer and enjoy . Keith

What do we get if we guess it right? :D I would say 390-410 at the wheel but those 009's will for sure hold you back. Lean is mean :D You need at least 65lb inj I would say...

What do we get if we guess it right? :D I would say 390-410 at the wheel but those 009's will for sure hold you back. Lean is mean :D You need at least 65lb inj I would say...
lol yeah I might have a few extra bolts I can hand out as prizes. If i were to upgrade injectors I would need a new chip too correct?

What’s the purpose of this thread ? To play a guessing game to hear the highest number ? Take it to a dyno and find out . And for my guess it is making 345 at the motor do about 290 at the rear wheels .

Would love to but the closest dyno is about 100 miles across some salty roads. Ill take it when spring come. I just was curious of an estimate. Also to see if my estimates of 400 were off base.

I’ve seen 400/500 with a locked converter on an unopened engine a few times in the heat of summer. None of them had much steam over 5200. Unlocked about 5% less hp and 10% less torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again guys. I got the answers I needed. I am not in the market to upgrade my car until I get it dynoed and learn more about these cars. The car runs great as is for now and all the numbers on the scanmaster are in the specs by the sheet. Once I learn more about it I will let you guys know ... and maybe then start adding to it.

lol yeah I might have a few extra bolts I can hand out as prizes. If i were to upgrade injectors I would need a new chip too correct?
Yes with a new set of injectors you’d need a new chip! Usually a good number to go with is about 10 hp per lb of injector, from my experiences! I’ve seen where 60s made 700! That being said I’d guess it to be around 450 ish range. Looks like ya got a nicely built car! Congrats and welcome to the Buick community!

I was thinking at the wheels about 400. I had a cutlass that hit 400 at the crank with 450 lbs of torque and this car is at a whole different level. It came with a scanmaster and has powerlogger software I need to get installed on my laptop.

The combo has more potential than the injectors will support. You will run out of injector before the motor/turbo is done. Should be a easy 400 though.