Cruise and Ventilation system not working...Help!

CST 03

UBENBIT
On my way to a big car cruise last Sunday, my Cruise Control and Ventilation system quit working. The air is only coming out the defrost area. I have checked the fuses and they are fine. I know they both work on vacuum lines. Any idea where i might look to try and trace the problem?
Thanks

since we both know they work of vacuum - i would start by tracing all of the vacuum lines and check valves in the engine compartment.... especially if you have never replaced them, this would be a good time to go through them and replace old and dry rotted lines...:cool:

since we both know they work of vacuum - i would start by tracing all of the vacuum lines and check valves in the engine compartment.... especially if you have never replaced them, this would be a good time to go through them and replace old and dry rotted lines...:cool:

Ok, call me clueless....lol. Check Valves?

lines

check the lines behind the vent and ac control mine were cracked and you could hear them whistle when i was idling.

i've put a compressor on my vacumme lines with 5psi and used a hose to listen and found two leaks:smile:

Both systems use the vacuum reservoir (large ball) under the front driver's side fender. Start there, looking for cracked or broken vacuum lines/connections.

Also the vaccum switches on the back of the control head. They are still available.

Both systems use the vacuum reservoir (large ball) under the front driver's side fender. Start there, looking for cracked or broken vacuum lines/connections.

Thanks, I always wondered what that thing was for.

Hey guys... Where does the vaccume line from the ball hook into? We have one hanging loose... I want to plug it back into the proper line. Thanks!

Hey guys... Where does the vaccume line from the ball hook into? We have one hanging loose... I want to plug it back into the proper line. Thanks!

It should tie into the line that runs into the cruise control that is next to the windshield washer tank, then it continues on to the check valve along the firewall. See the pics.

Does your car still have the charcoal canister? Disregard where my charcoal canister is because I relocated it.

Is there a vacuum line going to the vent for the gas tank? Sometimes when people remove the charcoal canister they just leave that line for the gas tank open (not a good idea).

Attachments

• DSC00441 (Small).JPG
    DSC00441 (Small).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00440 (Small).JPG
    DSC00440 (Small).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00442 (Small).JPG
    DSC00442 (Small).JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00447 (Small).JPG
    DSC00447 (Small).JPG