crossover pipe!!!!

pitoturbo

can somebody tell me how close that pipe is to the oil pan mine seem to touching the pan :confused: any sugs? who's sell them any diffrent on the size . thanks for any info!!!:)

Mine is close to the pan, but doesnt touch it. I have Kirbans xover on my car. If you can, loosen up either side where it bolts to the headers and tap it a little to give it some clearance. It will be close, but it shouldnt touch.
I know Poston's makes a good pipe, and Im pretty happy with the one I got from Kirbans awhile back.
Do you have poly motor mounts on your car? If so I have heard that they raise the motor up a little, and that might be causing your problem.

Motor mounts are out of the equation. The headers are what locate height of the x-over, and the headers are supported by the engine, which in turn sits on the mounts.
Sounds to me like the x-over pipe was not installed properly the last time it was taking off.
The x-over pipe is connected through two donut flanges. Each flange has a collar that has two bolt holes. Bolts go through this collar and clamp the pull the x-over to the headers.

Sounds like someone tightened one side of the flange collar much, much more than the other. This would throw off the pipe mount location that you speak off.

You need to spend a fair bit of time when putting on an x-over pipe in order to assure proper sealing for good boost. You need to basically screw in all the bolts at the same length....get the picture.

i'm only notice 1 gasket (donut) on the turbo side d/s is metal to metal :confused: do i need gaskets? (donut)

stock crossover pipe has no gaskets, it is metal-to-metal seal on both headers.

similarly, P/S header to stock turbo is metal-to-metal seal.

stock headers to cyl heads are also metal-to-metal seals.

stock downpipe to turbo exhaust elbow is only location where a "donut" shaped gasket is used.