Creeping Brakes -POWERMASTER-

Azrial89

I have read several forum posts and i have not really found an answer for my issue. At a light i will push on the brake pedal and it will push in further than normal, as i push in pump will engage everytime i touch the pedal. As i sit at the light if i do not pump the brakes, the car will start to creep. Bad accumulator ball? Bulging Lines? Bad Brakes? Bad Pump? Any advice would be great, thanks

Just went through the trouble shooting steps and it looks like its an internal leak in the booster... The fix... NEW POWERMASTER!! UGH! Thanks for the article

My pump used to run all the time bled the brakes and installed new brake fluid and
new acc. ball from Highway stars and its worked perfect.

Usually when the PowerMaster lays down and the motor runs everytime you hit the brakes, it's the accumulator. When it's not the accumulator, it's the pump going bad. It won't pump up and turn off. Try holding the brakes and listen to see if the pump motor turns off. If it does the pump is probably good and the accumulator is bad. The real fix for these powermasters is to convert to vacuum brakes. Still, the PowerMaster is original and the vacuum's are not. At least on '86 & '87 turbo cars. There are conversion kits on the market with a complete kit costing $375. If you are familiar with the parts for the vacuum brake setup you can do it a lot cheaper. AutoZone can special order a PowerMaster for $499. Have fun man. Drew

I almost forgot. The accumulators for the powermasters are almost $400. Like I said the real fix is to change to vacuum brakes. Drew

I almost forgot. The accumulators for the powermasters are almost $400. Like I said the real fix is to change to vacuum brakes. Drew

B.S. !!! They're only $179 at Kirbans.

I realize there are those of you that think the vacuum brakes are the be all to end all. But please stop spreading BS bad info about PM servicing.