Cranks but won't start

I don't have much confidence in the aftermarket control module either but it's going to have to suffice for now until the TR6 becomes available.

What happened with this. I believe this to be my issue as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the OP has been off the forums for quite a while based on his profile. To make a very very long story short....After receiving a module from Kirbans that did not work he was able to get a TR6 from Don Cruz. After installing TR6 it was determined that the crank signal was not being received by the module even though it was at the harness at the module. With the ability to measure the circuit board side of the harness inside the TR6 (TR6 installed and plugged in with top off) it was found that the prong on the TR6 was bent for the crank signal input. Now how that prong got bent I don't know. I provided assistance over the phone which was very challanging not being there with your eyes on things. Once the crank signal input prong was bent back straight the car started.

Was the connector messed up and bent inside the OE module? Did it bend the Kirbans one? These are questions I don't know because I wasn't physically there.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

So it ended up being the ignition control module and coil? Sorry I am confused. I'm thinking my issue is the crank sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't tell you what it was because there were too many variables and I wasn't physically there. Assuming the original problem was not the OE module having a bent pin I believe the OE module was bad. However.... I believe the OP accidentally created a problem when he changed the module and damaged the connector and or kirbans module when he installed the replacement. It was also finally found that the crank sensor pin on the TR6 was bent but again, I bet this was caused by a damaged connector / installation and not the original problem. But it's anybody's guess. Bright side is the OP got nice and familiar with this setup during the troubleshooting process. :)

The only way to troubleshoot these problems is to follow the no start tree provided in this thread. Anything less is just guessing / gambling.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Last edited: