Crankcase Evac Kit...

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
crankcase evacuation kit | eBay

I was thinking of getting a crankase evac kit, but ive been told that they dont work on turbocharged cars. I have lots of blowby still after runnin the 20w50 oil as adam suggested.... (although its managable) its still there because theres a small amount of oil pooling in the air filter and the oil pressures low.

So, is any one going to answer romones question “does it work with a turbo engine”? that was what he was asking about.

Bump... will this work on turbo vehicles?? this camaro im workin on which is an I/C car and my car would it work..:confused::confused:

I have used this set up on N/A SBC & BBC I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
The parts circled get installed at a certian angle in the exhaust stream and creates a vac. to releave crankcase pressure .

Attachments

• 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 186
Looks like Moroso's kit. If you do use that make sure it is after the turbo. Before the turbo can see pressure up to X2 boost pressure.

Plus that is not "legal" for street use.

Have you done a leak down ?

Looks like Moroso's kit. If you do use that make sure it is after the turbo. Before the turbo can see pressure up to X2 boost pressure.

i just wanted to know if it would work... and on our cars i believe that it just plugs into the oil breather or pcv.

It took us 2 years to get him to do a compression test Fred. It will most likely take that long to get a leak down test.:biggrin:

i just wanted to know if it would work... and on our cars i believe that it just plugs into the oil breather or pcv.

It does more than plug into the PCV kid. There are several mods that need to be done to make it work. If you get everything else working right then you won't need it.:smile:

It took us 2 years to get him to do a compression test Fred. It will most likely take that long to get a leak down test.:biggrin:

It does more than plug into the PCV kid. There are several mods that need to be done to make it work. If you get everything else working right then you won't need it.:smile:

try 9 months.. lol:eek: and the motors coming out in may.... eeeeekkk:biggrin: harbor fright sells leak down testers... but im gonna see if i can get some help with it... I know you have to weld it into the exhaust at a certain angle to create a vacuum to evacuate blowby, and is pretty muc illegal for on road use in most states...

try 9 months.. lol:eek: and the motors coming out in may.... eeeeekkk:biggrin: harbor fright sells leak down testers... but im gonna see if i can get some help with it... I know you have to weld it into the exhaust at a certain angle to create a vacuum to evacuate blowby, and is pretty muc illegal for on road use in most states...

do you have to do the testing? my state dosn't require it, because the car is to old. you know how to make a welder out of 3 car batteries right? i thought it was cool so, i posted the info a while back.

do you have to do the testing? my state dosn't require it, because the car is to old. you know how to make a welder out of 3 car batteries right? i thought it was cool so, i posted the info a while back.

no i dont need emissons testing... but its just as an FYI... yea i saw that post, but id rather use a welder matt lol... :biggrin:

no i dont need emissons testing... but its just as an FYI... yea i saw that post, but id rather use a welder matt lol... :biggrin:

i was just think if you did not have a welder. not alot of people have a arc, mig, and tig welder like me.