crank sensor woes

Sinister86

Whats's up guys. I was driving down the freeway the other day and suddenly my engine cut out leaving me to call AAA for a tow, but not until I talked with my local buick buddy for a little insight as to what the problem might be. I was told it was probobly the crank sensor and after reading more on this, decided that was the culpret. I'm planning on doing this myself (or with the assistance of some of the other buick guys here in columbus;) c'mon guys i know you're out there) So I was wondering if anyone has any tips for the procedure. I understand that the engine needs to be rotated until the sensor is aligned with a notch on the dynamic balancer (or so the insructions i read say) but i just didnt know if it was a plug and play procedure besides that. Any input would be appreciated, Taylor

the nut that tightend the clamp is 1/4" i think, you loosen that, slide out the old sensor, unplug, then slide in the new one, set the gap to ~.025 (use a spark plug feeler gauge) in between the reluctor ring and the sensor taps, then carefully tighten the nut so its snug, then plug the sensor back in.