Cost of rebuilding 109's??

If you can do the work yourself, no problem.. if you have to pay a mechanic you'll be over 10k before you can blink.

No, you won't be running 11.5s and faster on less than 20# of boost unless you have monster set up that will run you big $$. Hence the problem, with the high boost the margin for error is little to none and sooner or later the stress wins out.

Thats why Im have hesitant to just buy a n/a regal , and put a SBC in it or an LS1. I have alot more resources/buddies with these motors and one buddy thats all he does is sell parts for the sbc/ls1. Maybe get my feet wet with a carb'd car before I jump into the intricant world of the 3.8. I know the ls1's are more in depth then the sbc's . I dont have any exp with the v-6 cars. Thats why I was asking the prices of rebuilds bc. I wanna learn and trial and error , might or most likely lead to a BOOM. Or I could get lucky and not have it happen. Speed does cost. Im just trying to be smart. And not get in over my head. Ive learked around this site for long enough to know, buying a so called "Built" car, will give me more problems then me being able to enjoy it. I appreaciate all opinions, I dont and wont take any of them to heart. So let me hear it.
Thanks again fellas

We are getting ready to put a LS engine in a 85 carbed Regal. I bet it still won't be faster than my GN. Not till it's had some more parts. You're still going to have to spend some extra money to make the LS fast. My GN has been running like crap this year and I still hand v8 cars thier A**!

LS engines are great but wouldn't you really rather have a B B B Buick .."A little Science... A little Magic" if you know what i mean.