Corvette wheels w/ 2" drop?

madhat

I have a 2" drop on my car and I am looking into some 17s. I have seen a couple guys running Corvettte ZR1 wheels and what not. After reading another post, I checked out a website that gave me the complete dimensions for several Corvette and Camaro wheels. THe ZR1s for instance had like a 60mm offset and a backspacing of 6.8 - even with a 2" offset that's still 4.8! How are the guys running these wheels going with that much backspacing, or are they custon built/sized wheels? Dont you just want like 4" front and 4.5" rear backspacing? Also, I assume that you would need longer studs for that much of a spacer?

I looked into the zr1's too, you need to contact Andris Skulte and get a set of his adapters. You can't use 2" thick spacers, at least if you wanted to be at all safe you wouldn't. Adapters bolt to the studs and have their own new set of studs. Doc1of7 has (had?) the zr1's so if you look up his old g machine thread there's some good info there.

yeah, 2" spacers seemed too much to me, but Skulte mentioned that size so apparently he uses them.
Thanks for the help

He uses his adapters on his 1000 horse road race camaro. I will be using a set on my new wheels whenever I get them.

The modern spacer is a far cry from the old spacers that were not balanced.

Even though my T can run the SLP's without spacers, I am adding 1.5 inches to give the stance I want. Of course I am not lowering my vehicle when I do this. I can't wait for some warm weather, I am going to take a week off of work and get this car running. :cool:

I've had adapters on my car for a while now, absolutely zero problem, I don't know why so many people shake in their boots regarding wheel spacers. If used properly, there's no more reason for them to fail than any other part on your car.

yup 2" spacer since they are WAY wrong offset, thus no lips.
Spacers by a reputable caomany are perfectly safe. H&Rs are REAL nice btw.