correct letter for CZF

The correct transmission for the turbo buick is BRF not CZF . The brf only came in the turbo buicks and has better shifting characteristics.

The CZF I recently rebuilt had a "X" plate in it. The transmission looked like it had never been apart so I'm assuming it had the original factory plate in it. They may have used different plates depending on the year but who knows.

The Cz where just normal 200r4s agiain the brf came stock with all turbo buicks and had a modified valve body from the factory . So just about all 200r4s where Labled CZF

The Cz where just normal 200r4s agiain the brf came stock with all turbo buicks and had a modified valve body from the factory . So just about all 200r4s where Labled CZF

i know we shouldn't drag this thread on since the OP question has been answered but your post needs some correction. BRF is correct for 86-87 turbo Buick but there were many other codes and some of those codes are still desirable. CZF was Monte Carlo SS and is considered a desirable core for performance use as are BQ, CQ, OZ, KZ, TAF, etc. these units all work well for performance oriented shift points without much hassle and can easily be built to the same horsepower standards as the BRF.

Sorry I just couldn't let it go lol

I'll drag this thread out a littl
i know we shouldn't drag this thread on since the OP question has been answered but your post needs some correction. BRF is correct for 86-87 turbo Buick but there were many other codes and some of those codes are still desirable. CZF was Monte Carlo SS and is considered a desirable core for performance use as are BQ, CQ, OZ, KZ, TAF, etc. these units all work well for performance oriented shift points without much hassle and can easily be built to the same horsepower standards as the BRF.

I'll drag this thread out a little longer :). What makes these transmissions desirable is the valvebody/governor calibration. These transmission were calibrated for the larger final gearing..3.42 and 3.73. Internally they are no stronger than any other coded 200-4R. The CZF transmissions I have rebuilt had very small boost valves and intermediate servos in them. Those are easily changed to the larger units and perform very well in high horsepower applications. This can be done with any code 200-4R but the difference will be in the shift points depending on the calibration.

Agreed. What makes a performance core worth the money (especially for the hobbyist building 1 trans in his garage) is the shift points, both WOT and part throttle drivability. You absolutely can make an OG code trans do what you want, and many do, but it's worth the $150 to grab a performance core off Craigslist and save yourself the hassle. Everything else in the trans is either the same as a performance core or it typically gets switched out anyway (boost valves, servo, etc). None of this is news to 200-4R veterans but many people who aren't familiar do read these posts.

Good talk. Lmao

Sorry about that and thank you for the clarification .

After I admit I was wrong I still get a dislike what’s that all about ?

I dunno I don't think it was me. But then again I'm not always sober browsing the forum so no guarantee