Cooling tips?

FreeJack

Since I moved to Colorado from Florida I noticed that it is a bit drier and hotter here. I also noticed that my car is getting a bit high on the temperature. Getting to 203deg. Right now I'm running the stock cooling setup. I'm interested in what the guy run on the hotter area like Arizona and Texas?

I'm thinking about getting a F-Body radiator and the biggest transmission cooler and a dual fans.

Thanks!

:cool:

Since I moved to Colorado from Florida I noticed that it is a bit drier and hotter here. I also noticed that my car is getting a bit high on the temperature. Getting to 203deg. Right now I'm running the stock cooling setup. I'm interested in what the guy run on the hotter area like Arizona and Texas?

I'm thinking about getting a F-Body radiator and the biggest transmission cooler and a dual fans.

Thanks!

:cool:

Then your done!

Altho, how long since you recored your stock rad? If never, that will help about 80% if you want the stock look.

Mark your radiators are great. I bit pricey for me right now. I'm probably going with the F-Body setup now. Then I will need to get your BIG MOUTH setup. I had it on another car I had and it worked great!

My current radiator was recored about two years ago. But I think the car will run cooler without the oil cooler and trans cooler in it.

Has anyone put the trans cooler in the passenger fender under the headlights? I'm thinking of creating a right side skirt similar to the old Kenny Bell cold air kit skirt.

Mark your radiators are great. I bit pricey for me right now. I'm probably going with the F-Body setup now. Then I will need to get your BIG MOUTH setup. I had it on another car I had and it worked great!

My current radiator was recored about two years ago. But I think the car will run cooler without the oil cooler and trans cooler in it.

Has anyone put the trans cooler in the passenger fender under the headlights? I'm thinking of creating a right side skirt similar to the old Kenny Bell cold air kit skirt.
i know this is off the subject, ut where about in colorado are you from??? just asking because im station at colorado...... about your question, the elevation is a bit higher over here in colorado, but 203 isnt to bad... with the upgraded dual fans, and fbody radiator.. you should be running much cooler... good luck...

Did you drive the GN from Florida to Colorado and what temps did you see on the highway??

here in arizona i run a PTS alum. radiator and RMI with a 160 stat. i have never seen the car go over 170 regardless of heat. either the PTS or Marks radiator is the way to go. Also if you want the stock look i ran a Nick Micale @ arizonagn.com radiator and it also ran supper cool.

i use an f-body radiator and stock fan on my car and it has a hard time breaking 167 in 90 degree heat with the A/C on... unless in traffic then it gets to about 175.

if ur goin f-body rad. check out Rock Auto, P# CU951. awesome price and they offer a 1 1/4" thick alum rad. rather than 1" like advance auto! hth