Coolest Hybrid

Man, is that cool or what? Did You take any picture of the 240 before You sold it, would be very nice to see?

Originally posted by Intercooled88s
My buddy Pat and me are working on an 87 GN in an Extreme , it wonte be easy, any help will be Apreciated, by me,lol.

Extreme as in S-10? Check out my web page button below...

hybrid

A T Bucket with twin turbos with 3" down pipes dumping into the side pipes. Or a 32 5 window set up with twins.

We were talking about this at work today and the idea of a GN powered Miata came up I think that would be a cool litlle car, or how about a GN powered motorcycle! Give a boss hoss a good run!

Mike

If we ever blown up the 450hp BBF in my 21 foot jet boat then I would love to put an LC2 in it with a water to air intercooler. That 460 just takes a beating an doesnt break. With that boat it just keeps going faster and faster the longer you keep it floored. By myself Ive had it to 88mph on the delaware river. The previous owner told me it can do 100. Its made by Kachina out west somewhere.

Originally posted by bishir

Personally, I think a blacked out 65 Riv w/ the GN style seats. :cool:

Well give me a year and we'll see how cool that looks, though I'm not going to do the seats, I've got a better idea and something more stealth.

i have a soft heart when it comes to hybrids 1 have an 88 RX-7 with a stroked GN motor and a 2004r all billet tranny and recently bought a near mint hardtop 88 Monte SS also with a full GN transplant (motor and tranny) didn't drive it yet as it's gettin a few goodies before i'll throw her on the street hopin to get high 10s or low 11s on the combo. The fun factor on driving a hybrid is up there when u blow somebody's doors off on a street race especially the high dollar ones, lol

I've always dreamt of doing a 75 Vega GT fastback!! Either build it or buy it built. Oh well, too old to do it now. I've had a couple Cosworth Vegas over the years. but never had the nerve to pull the Cosworth motor out of them.

My next project will be a black Fiero GT. Always thought they were pretty cool cars, just way too tame. A LC2 set-up would really bring it to life!

Hello, I just joined. Great forum. This is my next project. 28 Model A tudor with Buick. I want to turbo charge it.

Attachments

• A Bone Buick V6 007LW.jpg
    A Bone Buick V6 007LW.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 154
  • A Bone Buick V6 013LW.jpg
    A Bone Buick V6 013LW.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 161
Thanks dr_frankenstein! As to your question of boost system: that's why I'm here reading. I am initially thinking about a OE Buick GN set up, but I am open to suggestions. I believe I have plenty of room in the engine compartment for that with the inter cooler. I was going to run a Caddy V8, but decided to switch to the Buick V6 due to the size and the fit is perfect. Also the engine was given to me by my father who had run it in a 914 Porsche for several years before parking it about 16 years ago. Two weeks ago we pulled it out of the 914 and mounted it in the Model A.

I'll attach a couple pictures of the motor mounts we built using stainless 1" tube and flat stock. We mounted the oil filter mount to the right side motor mount.A Bone Buick V6 009LW.jpgA Bone Buick V6 008LW.jpg

I'm in Nor Cal near Placerville.

Thanks dr_frankenstein! As to your question of boost system: that's why I'm here reading. I am initially thinking about a OE Buick GN set up, but I am open to suggestions. I believe I have plenty of room in the engine compartment for that with the inter cooler. I was going to run a Caddy V8, but decided to switch to the Buick V6 due to the size and the fit is perfect. Also the engine was given to me by my father who had run it in a 914 Porsche for several years before parking it about 16 years ago. Two weeks ago we pulled it out of the 914 and mounted it in the Model A.

I'll attach a couple pictures of the motor mounts we built using stainless 1" tube and flat stock. We mounted the oil filter mount to the right side motor mount.View attachment 174551View attachment 174552

I'm in Nor Cal near Placerville.

very very cool, well there is lots to choose from when it comes to buicks and boost. weather it be electronically injected or carburated magic, buick has the option. I love the way it looks so far! keep us posted and welcome again!

I suppose it wouldn't be the coolest. But it would be an insane ride. You would never keep the tires on the ground. One of my first cars was a 1988 Dodge Daytona with a 2.2 Liter non-intercooled 4cyl turbo. That would be my choice to make a hybrid out of.

I suppose it wouldn't be the coolest. But it would be an insane ride. You would never keep the tires on the ground. One of my first cars was a 1988 Dodge Daytona with a 2.2 Liter non-intercooled 4cyl turbo. That would be my choice to make a hybrid out of.

I have 3 chevy luvs undergoing the buick swap......... I think there pretty cool myself!!!

My vote is for either a 1978-83 G body wagon, complete with a/c, cruise, tilt, 8.5 posi GN rear end....all the luxuries...but stuffed with an LC2/BRF 200-4R....it would be a kiddie hauler/grocery getter but with some balls.

Or my other vote would be to stuff an LC2 into a 1975-80 J body (Monza, Skyhawk, Sunbird, Starfire)