Cooler question

Fast Farmer

hey guys, if I am running a new Alradco aluminum radiator that is made for the turbo buicks, with the oil and trans coolers, do you think I need to put on an aftermarket trans cooler with a 2800 l/u converter? I have read that these radiators are a lot better than the factory ones for both water cooling, and the oil and trans cooling also. Thanks

Put a temp gauge in and see how hot the fluid gets without an external cooler. I like to see the trans temp. Piece of mind for me. Make sure the lock up is actually locking or your temps will go sky high while cruising

No, I really, really doubt it. I have one and have my oil cooled through it. Oil pressure increased by keeping the oil cooler and the engine is much, much happier. I still have to find a couple fittings and plumb my trans fluid through the ALRADCO rad. I currently have an external, but prefer to use the rad for it all. I have been swamped but have everything to do a trans service, add a bung for trans temp gauge, have the gauge, etc. I want to document before and after temps (ie- external cooler temps, then trans fluid through the rad.)

Damn, I need to get off my a$$... I have been meaning to do this for a long time. (stupid house projects/honey-do list...) :(

My gut says still run an external also. Biggest one you can fit. I found the radiator trans cooler was needed when I tried running with an external only. I do not think you can overcool a trans.