Coolant recovery bottle

regalgs

for the 97.5 Regals it says to come up with my own recovery bottle.

NOTE:
- The GM '99+ Coolant Recovery Bottle is not included with the kit since they are now standard equipment with the 1999-current cars. Owners of 1997-98 Grand Prix's and 1998 Regals will have to purchase a Coolant Recovery Bottle. You can add this to your order below. Owners of 97.5 Regal's will need to design their own solution.

Can anybody help me out with this

i need to replace the old coolant bottle with my own....it says for the 97.5 Regals i need to come up with my own

Ahhh, you're getting a cold air kit. What that means is your coolant bottle is in the way, and will need to be relocated to the 99-up position on the passenger side strut tower.

You have 2 options, a few people have actually took an old GM windshield washer resovoir and mounted it on the inside of the grill. I did this for a while. The other option is buying a 99-up coolant bottle. For the Grand Prix it's a direct bolt on, but unfortunately, on the Regals we have some ABS stuff in the way, so the best route would be to send it to Zach Walker to modify to clear the ABS.

You could always get the SLP CAI, it doesn't need to have the bottle moved. ;)

I used a bottle from a '99 kia sportage and mounted it between the grille and radiator. Just go to a bone yard and hunt for a bottle that will fit under your hood somewhere. There are many solutions. You could also use your washer bottle for coolant and find a new location for your washer fluid. If I remember correctly the '97.5 has a huge washer bottle that mounts over and around the battery. You could get one of the newer washer bottles that hide inside the fender and put it under yours. It would still have to be modified slightly you will have to remove the gooseneck and you wont be able to see the level-but you could use a dipstick.

Or do what I did if you don't want to or can't go to a junk yard. Buy a $10 coolant recovery bottle from your local auto parts store (Murray's, AutoZone, etc.) and mount it btw your radiator and front grille.