Coolant pressure test results

Don Smith

I received the slant pressure tester yesterday and immediately pumped the radiator up to 19lbs. After 3 hours and retightening all my hoses the pressure dropped to just under 16lbs. I let it sit all night and it dropped just above 15lbs. So my assumption is no intake leak. Correct assumption? Block tester was run at least 5 times and the blue stayed blue. So I am still puzzled by the excess white smoke out the tail pipe but I will be going back to DMZ for my 3rd time to get my QQ plates tomorrow and will run the car on the highway and see if what has collected over the last 10 years of sitting blows/burns out of the exhaust system.

The cap is 16lbs and when you pump up the pressure its a little difficult to hit exactly 16 so I just left it at 19. No other reason.

my car has a basket ball size puddle after idling for 30 mins. I will see how things look after I run the car this weekend.

Could just be condensation. Have you ever noticed that a stock muffler has a drain hole in it;)

my car has a basket ball size puddle after idling for 30 mins. I will see how things look after I run the car this weekend.
Mine do too! Both sides. I'm running e85 and not sure if that makes a difference, but it makes a butt load of water out the tailpipes - especially when it's cold outside.

Mine do too! Both sides. I'm running e85 and not sure if that makes a difference, but it makes a butt load of water out the tailpipes - especially when it's cold outside.
Same here. I always have a ton of condensation coming out of the pipes till the car fully warms up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ran the car down the hyway at 65 for 30 mile round trip and whatever was in the exhaust system burned it self out. No smoke at all. Now if need to deal with a rough idle and a knock issue. So it's time for 60lbs, tt, fuel reg and gauge. Thanks as always for all the help!