Sudden loss of fuel pressure! Help

Lil Truck

I spend to much time here....
Yesterday I took the GN for a trip to NAPA and the gas station all running perfect. Got home did some elictirical work Tach and Audible Knock sensor. All appeared to work fine, when I took her out for a test run she started to studder in the first mile no boost only 30mph. I turned around and took a data log on my way back. Wideband and O2v showed max lean condition.

Fuel pressure check showed only 25 psi continous running motor off. 1 year ago I installed Reds XP pump, new filter, Bosch 237 Regulator and a hot wire kit. It has been running low 11's without a problem.

So far I have replaced the filter with no change. Now I have pumped out the tank 15gal and getting ready to drop the gas tank.

I am just looking for advise of what to look for other than a possible hose leak? The 25 psi dropped to zero as soon as the pump is turned off.

Thanks for your help, this is the BEST site on the Web above all others!!! :)

Steve

Well the tank is out and the pump is out........hose blew out on the sender side.......guess I should be grateful it did not happen during a full boost pass! :)

Any suggestions on a better grade of hose? This is Std fuel line supplied by Red A. It sat for about 5 months in C-16, just changed to Pump Gas and Alky 1 week ago.

Need SAE J30R10 spec hose. It is expensive at about $15 a foot, but is rated for high pressure and immersion in fuel.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thnaks for the information, I was just about to reinstall with j30R9 this morning. I have the R10 on the way! Much appreciated !!! :)