Coolant Leak...

comradburk

I know I have a coolant leak because I get a fair amount of white smoke coming out of the back of the car when I start it up and sometimes even when I'm driving around. The coolant tank goes down slowly too, I would probably have to refill it about every 2 months at its rate. Anyway's, I'm guessing it's a blown headgasket., so what kind of headgasket should I get to replace it?? I've heard ppl say the gm ones are good and others use the felpro's. Postonbuick also has some copper head gaskets that supposedly won't blow out but I dunno if thats true at all or not. Sorry for the long post if you read all the way through this but I'm a frustated, poor high-school student and I NEED TO GET MY CAR FIXED! :mad: So what headgaskets do you recommend?? Thanks.

I just got done doing my headgaskets and I used felpro.
If the car runs and drives fine you probably don't have a blown headgasket. Check your oil for the infamous "milky" substance, a good sign of a blown headgasket.

If you do have a blown HG I hope you have not been driving it much, cause that could be pretty bad :eek:

Anyway hope this helps,

Headgaskets 2pn# Felpro 9441PT
Intake gasket 1 pn# Felpro MS96033
Head bolts set pn# ARP 123-3603

You have an intake leak or possibly a headgasket problem. I know it is a lot of work but I would replace both and get it off your back. It is frustrating the problems we have to deal with these Buick's, but when they are running good they are fun to drive. Good Luck!! :)

Well that's kinda wierd...my car drives fine, I've been having to drive it back and forth to school since it's my only car...I just get white smoke from the exhaust....maybe it's not a blown headgasket. Well, I guess it's time to go start checking things out and see what it is...