Coolant leak. Heater control valve ?

JeffW

Whistlin' on by. Wossshhh
I just replaced my cat with a "higher flowing unit" ;) . On the first test drive, my boost jump up to about 24psi for an instant before I let off. I think I hit around 13 or 15 degrees KR. When I pulled back in the driveway, I noticed a coolant leak coming from under the passenger side of the car near the downpipe. It was dripping slowly through the frame. I then saw that coolant was coming out of a drain hole or some such thing inside the passenger wheel well.

I know it isn't coming from the radiator, radiator hoses, etc. I don't think I blew a head gasket for one reason I lowered the boost back to 21-22 (alky) and the car is running really strong w/ no KR. I also noticed no leaks around the head gaskets.

Could this be the heater control valve ? Exactly where is it and how do I check for a leak there ?

Oh, one other thing. The windshield was fogging up some through the defrost vents even though the fan was off.

Thanks !

The control valve is located to the left of the coil pack. But, with the fog on the windshield it sounds like a leaking heater core.