Cool Lock Up Switch..

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
I got my new lock up switch working after many months of thinking and researching. I have a B&M Megashifter, w/ a button in the handle....I always thought that would be a perfect button to activate the lockup in the 200-4R, problem is, it's a momentary switch (only sends power when it is held, not an off and on style)

I looked into Latching relays....wow, gets pretty invloved. found a nice one for $11 shipped, it's a dual coil, thus allowing the shifter button to activate, and the brake pedal to disengage.... took 6 wires to get it wired up, and some diagrams from a buddy that knows his $hit from doing HVAC.

Now, all I have to do is hit the button on the shifter to activate (doesnt matter how many times you press it, once and it's engaged) and just step on the brake pedal to disengage...bullet proof setup.

I installed a LED indicator next to the trans temp gauge in the A-pillar for when it's locked up...

Maybe someone else has done this??? maybe theres an easier way?? either way, it works....I'll post some pics one of these days, too much other stuff to worry about right now..

I got my new lock up switch working after many months of thinking and researching. I have a B&M Megashifter, w/ a button in the handle....I always thought that would be a perfect button to activate the lockup in the 200-4R, problem is, it's a momentary switch (only sends power when it is held, not an off and on style)

I looked into Latching relays....wow, gets pretty invloved. found a nice one for $11 shipped, it's a dual coil, thus allowing the shifter button to activate, and the brake pedal to disengage.... took 6 wires to get it wired up, and some diagrams from a buddy that knows his $hit from doing HVAC.

Now, all I have to do is hit the button on the shifter to activate (doesnt matter how many times you press it, once and it's engaged) and just step on the brake pedal to disengage...bullet proof setup.

I installed a LED indicator next to the trans temp gauge in the A-pillar for when it's locked up...

Maybe someone else has done this??? maybe theres an easier way?? either way, it works....I'll post some pics one of these days, too much other stuff to worry about right now..

How about posting the schematic?

Sounds like this might be right down my alley...going back to LU converter with my old Classic Fast. Above requested info would be helpfull.
Thanks.

*pics*

here are the goods guys. Pics of the install and all the info needed to hook up relay listed in previous link. Forgot to add, I also got the Base for the relay, could be installed w/out... Enjoy. Also some pics of my new ashtray switch plate install, and sound deadening..remember I'm still in the Assembly process for my "restoration" hoping to have it done by June :cool:

ENJOY!

Attachments

• 1_799x599.jpg
    1_799x599.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 395
  • 2_799x599.jpg
    2_799x599.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 3_799x599.jpg
    3_799x599.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 405
  • 4_799x599.jpg
    4_799x599.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 389
  • 5_799x599.jpg
    5_799x599.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 400
more pics

LED indicator light next to trans Temp Gauge, lets you know when it's locked up (as if a guy wouldnt feel it)

In 2nd pic you can see where I mounted the relay under the counsole..pretty slick setup. and accesible if needed w/out removing counsole.....

Attachments

• 6_799x599.jpg
    6_799x599.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 403
  • 7_799x599.jpg
    7_799x599.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 409
  • 8_799x599.jpg
    8_799x599.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 9_799x599.jpg
    9_799x599.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 405
  • 10_799x599.jpg
    10_799x599.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 389
Damn Jason..... is that the space shuttle?

J/K

Cool project.

Glad to see there are more people thinking outside the box........

Damn Jason..... is that the space shuttle?

J/K

Cool project.

Glad to see there are more people thinking outside the box........

LOL...lots of B-Quiet Ultimate Sound Deadener, can't wait to drive it...should make a huge difference in road noise, and help out the stereo system..:)

I like how you put the trunk release button in the ashtray...great idea! I always hated how GM put it in the glovebox.

I like how you put the trunk release button in the ashtray...great idea! I always hated how GM put it in the glovebox.

my car never had power trunk release, and when I added it I wanted a better spot for the switch than the glove box, dumb place anyways GM....

the wiring has gotten kinda crazy in the car, adding power locks also..well worth it though.

Nice Work!

Thanks Jason for taking the time to post the pictures and links. BTW excellent workmanship. I appricate it.
9sec.