Convertor will not lock up

Well i found the source of the problem. Its my VSS (vehicle speed sensor). Now my problem is i have no idea where it is located. Can someone help me out with locating it? Thanks in advance.

It's the only other black thing sticking out of the transmission with wires coming out of it.....other than the 4-wire above the linkage.

Sorry, I cant remember where it is. I think its near the tailshaft.

Well i found the source of the problem. Its my VSS (vehicle speed sensor). Now my problem is i have no idea where it is located. Can someone help me out with locating it? Thanks in advance.

The VSS sensor is mounted on the back of the speedometer along with a small green box which is the buffer box that feeds the signal to the computer.

So do i need to pull out the entire dash board to get to it? Thanks alot guys.

First check to see if the connector on the buffer box is plugged in all the way. It's located under the dash just to the right of the steering column. It's rare the VSS sensor goes bad but is possible. If you have to pull it you just have to pull the speedo cluster which bolts in from the front.

See, I was wrong by like 8 feet.

More like 4 feet...but whos measuring.:eek: :D

DOnt feel bad...evertime I think I know my car like the back of my hand I find something new and problematic with it. It aint no chevy!