Converting Hot Air Turbo Into Intercooler ?? 79 Version

A complete parts car would be the best thing. You will need a ton of parts and it isn't cheap to do this. There are quite a few threads showing where people have done it but you basically need all the wiring from front to back, the dash componants, the gas tank, a new crossmember for the 2004R and mount for the frmae to be welded in, plus the engine and tranny and related parts.:)

A complete parts car would be the best thing. You will need a ton of parts and it isn't cheap to do this. There are quite a few threads showing where people have done it but you basically need all the wiring from front to back, the dash componants, the gas tank, a new crossmember for the 2004R and mount for the frmae to be welded in, plus the engine and tranny and related parts.:)

as charlie said its going to cost a lot.
these drawthru setups can make power with a little work.

sorry to hijack your thread but charlie i did not get a email about the quad stuff. did you send a email? people keep telling me they sent a email and it doesnt come through. so if you did, sorry for not responding i have been having email issues.

Converting a 1979 to an SFI/IC set up is just the same as converting a non-turbo car. Doesn't make sense. Better off putting the effort into making what you already have faster.

Basically you would be taking a 79 TR and an 87 TR and swapping bodies.