Converter builder feedback wanted.....

Missouri T

Hi all,

I am going to be be buying a converter for my 100% street '87 T in the next week or less.
Heavily modified but also severely performance limited due to the stock converter the previous owner installed for "driveability".

Please give me your converter builder feedback.

If there's something you don't want to post here, feel free to e-mail me.

I've contacted:
Pat's-They were absolutely fantastic on the phone and recommended a 10" lock-up with a 3000 stall.
EDGE-I used Andre in the past on a Mustang AOD tranny with great luck. He was VERY helpful with his recommendation and explanation of what I need just like Pat's. BUT he recommends a 9.5" lock-up in the 3000-3200 range for only $30 more than Pat's simple 10". The lock-up 9.5's seem to be the "cat's meow".

Precision-Nice folks but, due to their pricing, they're completely out of the question. That's 8" race converter pricing, folks. I'd end up in divorce court if I plunked that kind of jack for a converter. My 100% street driving habits don't demand that sort of unit.

Thanks a bunch for your time and help, folks!

Of what you metioned, I would go with an Edge, or West Coast as they are more or less the same.
And with a 9.5 converter, you can usually get more for your money.

I currently have a 3000-3200 Pat`s, and works well for me.

For a budget, either one will do. I prefer the CPT the best. The original Art Carr. But these are not cheap. You do get what you pay for.
For a heavily modded car, I have not had real great luck with the Vig.

The billet 9/11 from PTS is in excellent mid price converter.

HTH, Brian

Thanks for the input, Brian.

Speaking with Andre at EDGE, he said the 9.5 is the best way to go due to the amazing amount of tunability it has.
Thus, he can get the stall set "on the nose" with no medieval internal mods necessary. :tongue: