Continuously Dirty Oil and Leaks

got an 85 honda civic, im looking at today, i should stick a hot air motor or a k20 block in it:biggrin:

"Nice'n" turbo car is NO better than that Buick as far as decent goes. U R still in "over your head" w/ maintenence, reliability issues.
A Honduh will get U around, give good gas mileage, and not cost a fortune to keep running....

That is my point exactly Chuck.

A Buick with an oil leak..........NAW, really, never heard that one before. :biggrin::rolleyes:

LOL:biggrin:

got an 85 honda civic, im looking at today, i should stick a hot air motor or a k20 block in it:biggrin:

everytime i see a honda i think of employee of the month.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuuMPtDAnNM[/YOUTUBE]

dude. my suggestion? ya live in Tacoma area right? what, 3 hours drive from Salem to Tacoma, approximately....in between there, on 3 different craigslists, you could find yourself a 80s-90s GM FwD car with the Buick V6 to begin with! (A-body, H body, C body W body....Buick Century/Olds Ciera, Lesabre/eighty eight, regency, riveria, regal, grand prix, ninety eight, park avenue,) I bet ya, the A-cars (i'm a fan of them lol) can be had with the Roller FWD 3.8 engines for a decent amount of money and not need any more work than most of the civics or toyotas......and another bonus; the parts for them can help you learn for your big buick!

I just think its ALOT easier when you have 2 different cars with basically buick engines, and one is going to be the daily driver, while you're learning the other bit by bit....then when you're done with the "hooptie", you can then go mod the other buick engine.....just a suggestion. hell i'm looking for a 3.8 equipped car that doesnt need more work myself, so i can learn to maintain it and then if i can find a good deal on a TR or a RWD G-body v6 car, awesome. (apparently theres a 2000 Camaro for $3,000, no idea how many miles, no idea v6 or v8, leaning towards the v6/5speed combo...it does have racing stripes and wing, so likely been previously modded lol)

dude. my suggestion? ya live in Tacoma area right? what, 3 hours drive from Salem to Tacoma, approximately....in between there, on 3 different craigslists, you could find yourself a 80s-90s GM FwD car with the Buick V6 to begin with! (A-body, H body, C body W body....Buick Century/Olds Ciera, Lesabre/eighty eight, regency, riveria, regal, grand prix, ninety eight, park avenue,) I bet ya, the A-cars (i'm a fan of them lol) can be had with the Roller FWD 3.8 engines for a decent amount of money and not need any more work than most of the civics or toyotas......and another bonus; the parts for them can help you learn for your big buick!

I just think its ALOT easier when you have 2 different cars with basically buick engines, and one is going to be the daily driver, while you're learning the other bit by bit....then when you're done with the "hooptie", you can then go mod the other buick engine.....just a suggestion. hell i'm looking for a 3.8 equipped car that doesnt need more work myself, so i can learn to maintain it and then if i can find a good deal on a TR or a RWD G-body v6 car, awesome. (apparently theres a 2000 Camaro for $3,000, no idea how many miles, no idea v6 or v8, leaning towards the v6/5speed combo...it does have racing stripes and wing, so likely been previously modded lol)

i only have 500 or less to spend right now on a hooptie, besides a minor carb tune the civic is spotless and has a new engine. ill let you guys know what I buy.

I think you should go get yourself a fwd gm car with the pontiac 2.5, they run forever and get great mileage.

i only have 500 or less to spend right now on a hooptie, besides a minor carb tune the civic is spotless and has a new engine. ill let you guys know what I buy.

post some pic if you get it. For $500 it will be a good beater for you.

I've been workin on mine for over 4 yrs and it still isn't done.

i thought it was just me who took years to work on things. lol nice to see it's a normal thing. i feel normal now.

my auto tech teacher called my engine an oil slinger to poke fun at me. truth hurts :(

i thought it was just me who took years to work on things. lol nice to see it's a normal thing. i feel normal now.

my auto tech teacher called my engine an oil slinger to poke fun at me. truth hurts :(

Mine still isn't finished either. I also have a n/a to carb turbo conversion coming later this summer for a friend. It never ends dude:rolleyes: Speaking of, he needs to get signed up on the board:eek:

If your Buick isn't dripping oil, you better check it cause it's out :biggrin::eek:

when it leaks less i know to add a quart. it's like they designed them to do this. :p oh well the love of a buick engine cannot be deterred by an oil spot, the size of a dinner plate.

You GOTTA have a sense of humor when you own one of these cars. They constantly mock you. It's like having a big brother in the garage that ridicules you in front of your friends:biggrin:

I stil think a FWD GM car with the buick V6 can be found for $500 or so...heck, I might be going down to Eugene soon to look at one whose carbed 3.0 doesnt start, and offer the lady $200-250 lol. (theres still an 82 olds nearby lol) and honestly? expect to pay exorbitant prices for parts and such for the honda...even if its clean, ya say it needs a carb tuneup, or was that for the hooptie?

By the time you pay for the K20 block, transmission, custom length axles, custom shift linkage ECM, wiring harness, Hasport engine mounts, and various odds and ends you will be 7k-8k deep. With that amount of money you can have your Buick's engine and transmission rebuilt. Plus you will probably have a little coin left over to get another set of wire rims :tongue: Just messin with you man I grew up in Los Angeles so I love me some wire wheels!!!
l_33e915e5b5dddc4c4e9786f39d6398e5.jpg

By the time you pay for the K20 block, transmission, custom length axles, custom shift linkage ECM, wiring harness, Hasport engine mounts, and various odds and ends you will be 7k-8k deep. With that amount of money you can have your Buick's engine and transmission rebuilt. Plus you will probably have a little coin left over to get another set of wire rims :tongue: Just messin with you man I grew up in Los Angeles so I love me some wire wheels!!!

shoot I may have to visit, ill be down there soon:biggrin: