Continuously Dirty Oil and Leaks

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
This has Gotta Stop:mad::mad:

Why is my oil continuously dirty? I changed it about maybe 300 miles ago and its dirty as hell, and as for the leaks, it leaks oil bad whenever it rains, why? i keep thinking its the rear main seal.

Attachments

• 19708986598_ORIG.jpg
    19708986598_ORIG.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 246
  • 19708986634_ORIG.jpg
    19708986634_ORIG.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 245
It still leaks when it's not raining. U just don't see it as well, as it soaks into the blacktop.
When the bt is wet, the oil floats on the water.. makes it more noticeable.
As for it being black in 300 mi...A leakdown test will probably tell the tale there. Combustion gases in the oil will do that..Engine is poorly sealed.. inside and out...
27 yrs old?? Quit bitchin and rebuild it. [or park in the grass!]

this is what you need for us all to help you. Flex Drive Compression Tester a compression tester its only $8 do a compression test.
here is the second tool you need for us to help you.
Cylinder Leak-Down Tester
i would get a compression tester first. the best thing for you is just to pull the motor out and do a stock rebuild and maybe put a bigger cam in.
do you have a harbor freight near you?
this will help with the oil leaks
12V Leak Detector Ultra Violet Light Safety Glasses A/C: eBay Motors (item 180509638796 end time Jun-17-10 20:39:33 PDT)
LEAK DETECTOR DYE FOR ALL OIL AND FUEL SYSTEMS: eBay Motors (item 220606496286 end time Jun-14-10 18:04:47 PDT)

You can also get a compression tester from Auto Zo0ne in the loan a tool program and then you get the money back when you return it. Your car is as old as mine and needs some love kid. You really need to bet a beater and start working on it so you can fix it.

This has Gotta Stop:mad::mad:

Why is my oil continuously dirty? I changed it about maybe 300 miles ago and its dirty as hell, and as for the leaks, it leaks oil bad whenever it rains, why? i keep thinking its the rear main seal.

Holy Crap:eek:look at the lip of that rim:eek::eek::eek:

Oh, the oil:biggrin: engine needs some attention:D

You can also get a compression tester from Auto Zo0ne in the loan a tool program and then you get the money back when you return it. Your car is as old as mine and needs some love kid. You really need to bet a beater and start working on it so you can fix it.

i didnt even know they had that. thanks for the heads up charlie. i have a compression tester but its good to know.

pfft you should see the others. The guy i bought the car from beat the piss out of the car (im not gonna lie I have too) and i learned to drive in the car so oooopppsssss curb rash:rolleyes::biggrin:

this is what you need for us all to help you. Flex Drive Compression Tester a compression tester its only $8 do a compression test.
here is the second tool you need for us to help you.
Cylinder Leak-Down Tester
i would get a compression tester first. the best thing for you is just to pull the motor out and do a stock rebuild and maybe put a bigger cam in.
do you have a harbor freight near you?
this will help with the oil leaks
12V Leak Detector Ultra Violet Light Safety Glasses A/C: eBay Motors (item 180509638796 end time Jun-17-10 20:39:33 PDT)
LEAK DETECTOR DYE FOR ALL OIL AND FUEL SYSTEMS: eBay Motors (item 220606496286 end time Jun-14-10 18:04:47 PDT)

yup theres one around the corner...

It still leaks when it's not raining. U just don't see it as well, as it soaks into the blacktop.
When the bt is wet, the oil floats on the water.. makes it more noticeable.
As for it being black in 300 mi...A leakdown test will probably tell the tale there. Combustion gases in the oil will do that..Engine is poorly sealed.. inside and out...
27 yrs old?? Quit bitchin and rebuild it. [or park in the grass!]

Yeah no sh!t. Throw in the towel. Sell the car, or buy a beater that's good on gas and start saving some money. A year from now you could have that motor rebuilt and everything back to where it needs to be. Just gotta keep plugging away man. I've been workin on mine for over 4 yrs and it still isn't done. Your car is in decent shape. You need to spend some time and a little money on it. Damn dude, you can't tell me there's absolutely NO ONE around you that can help rebuild that motor? You know that saying "IF IT ISN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT?" Well guess what, IT'S BROKE!:eek::rolleyes: Time to fix it.

Yeah no sh!t. Throw in the towel. Sell the car, or buy a beater that's good on gas and start saving some money. A year from now you could have that motor rebuilt and everything back to where it needs to be. Just gotta keep plugging away man. I've been workin on mine for over 4 yrs and it still isn't done. Your car is in decent shape. You need to spend some time and a little money on it. Damn dude, you can't tell me there's absolutely NO ONE around you that can help rebuild that motor? You know that saying "IF IT ISN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT?" Well guess what, IT'S BROKE!:eek::rolleyes: Time to fix it.

Chill Jesse. He's just a kid and he is at least trying to learn. Not like Iliv4GNs after all.:biggrin: BTW, you need to change the sig to say it's running again.:cool:

Chill Jesse. He's just a kid and he is at least trying to learn. Not like Iliv4GNs after all.:biggrin: BTW, you need to change the sig to say it's running again.:cool:

I know man. I used to be just like him believe it or not;) He just needs to come to the realization that it's time for a rebuild. The motor is tired. I went through the same thing with my iroc. Drove it until I couldn't drive it no more. Then I was without wheels. In my own way I am trying to help him. What's gonna happen if he's 20 miles from home and that thing decides to die? Paying to have a car towed that doesn't run when you don't have any money to begin with sucks, believe me. He doesn't need to do this all at one time. We all know you can't fix them and drive them at the same time and I think that's what the problem is. I do a hell of a lot more stuff with the buick when I can't drive it. I'm about to tear the thing apart again in the next month so I CAN'T drive it. If I don't, I will never get the body finished. If he doesn't ever park it, he will never be able to dedicate any time to it. Ask anyone, and I know you of all people know exactly what I'm saying:wink:

I know man. I used to be just like him believe it or not;) He just needs to come to the realization that it's time for a rebuild. The motor is tired. I went through the same thing with my iroc. Drove it until I couldn't drive it no more. Then I was without wheels. In my own way I am trying to help him. What's gonna happen if he's 20 miles from home and that thing decides to die? Paying to have a car towed that doesn't run when you don't have any money to begin with sucks, believe me. He doesn't need to do this all at one time. We all know you can't fix them and drive them at the same time and I think that's what the problem is. I do a hell of a lot more stuff with the buick when I can't drive it. I'm about to tear the thing apart again in the next month so I CAN'T drive it. If I don't, I will never get the body finished. If he doesn't ever park it, he will never be able to dedicate any time to it. Ask anyone, and I know you of all people know exactly what I'm saying:wink:

i know, problem is I cant afford it right now, maybe in a few months, and I have a friend who is convinced that it needs a serious tune up. Im looking at a buick riviera as a kick around right now, what kind or car needs two batteries?

A diesel uses 2 batteries. Walk away kid. Please get something that you can work on until you learn more.

okay POS alert, next car im looking at is an 84 turbo 300zx. the riviera was nice though.

Nice is relative kid. If it gets you from point A to point B and you don't have to walk then it will work. Just try to find a decent POS that will make it to work and home and you should be fine.:)

That..

Nice is relative kid. If it gets you from point A to point B and you don't have to walk then it will work. Just try to find a decent POS that will make it to work and home and you should be fine.:)

"Nice'n" turbo car is NO better than that Buick as far as decent goes. U R still in "over your head" w/ maintenence, reliability issues.
A Honduh will get U around, give good gas mileage, and not cost a fortune to keep running....

A Buick with an oil leak..........NAW, really, never heard that one before. :biggrin::rolleyes: