Console Shifter Question

looks cool , i had the dualgate in second gen bird years ago but they are long since discontinued
looking at summit is not available either , so where are you going to get one?

only real performance shifter available from hurst for the 200-4r is the quarterstick , and mark hueffman makes a plate for the quaterstick to make for a nicer install in a buick console

I got one off ebay. the same model number you have listed above. last year they were available at summit. just checked recently and they are unavailable and dont know if its becasue of low stock or no more production.

Im ghopefully going to give it a shot this summer.

finally gotta hold of someone at hurst and they have discontinued all the dual gate models.

looks cool , i had the dualgate in second gen bird years ago but they are long since discontinued
looking at summit is not available either , so where are you going to get one?

I had one in my '67 GTO (the 'his-n-hers') and never really understood the purpose of it. It did look nice, but the automatic transmission knew better when to shift than I did.

Jim

I will when I get there. Its a ways away though. In process of restoring the console and just cut out an area for the shifter. Will post a new thread when I get there. Unfortunately it may be awhile. Its the last thing on my list with my interior, first is to fix the floor pan, then install buckets, then I get to the console and making the shifter fit and then I can finally get the shifter hooked up. whew. im tired already.

cant wait and cant believe hurst stopped making these. I thought the concept was cool when you want to manually shift the car you slide over the lever to the right chamber and manually shift it there cause. then you dont have to worry about over shifting it like you would on the left side of the shifter.