Connecting rod length

Renato Velati

I've noticed that the Eagle rods are 5.967, CAT rods 5.965, K1 rods 5.960, Scat rods 5.970. My question is, when using a stock stroke crankshaft is there anything special that has to be done, since they are all different lengths?

Not much

I've noticed that the Eagle rods are 5.967, CAT rods 5.965, K1 rods 5.960, Scat rods 5.970. My question is, when using a stock stroke crankshaft is there anything special that has to be done, since they are all different lengths?

difference from shortest to longest,[.010] the main concern would be deck hgt. That should be checked, anyway, when doing a build.
Is the current deck hgt known?? If so, compare and if desired, use the rod that will provide the dimension closest to current.
New pistons? Order them to "fit" the rod of choice.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at having the motor done in the spring time and wanted to start odering all the parts i need in the next feew weeks. I'll talk to the machinist before i do anything. I was just wondering about the different lenght on the rods that were offered by the various companies.

wanted to start odering all the parts i need in the next feew weeks.

I won't be ordering anything yet until you know the clearance/specs of the block is. Order pistons after you bore the block, then you hone it to proper size/clearance. Also, if the block needs to be decked, the rod length/piston pin location might change.

It's a whole lot easier ordering parts to your motor than trying to machine the block to your parts.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com