connecting Fast to lap top

Heath

Elroyjr
I have a brand new lap top with windows 8. I cannot get it to connect. Com failed. I have tried com 1-12 and still no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Well, your first mistake was allowing someone to sell you a laptop with 8 on it!! But, with that being said I'm sure there's someone on here that will have a solution for you.

Windows 8 sucks butt.

Vista sucked butt too! :) Didn't like working with FAST. I'm not using Win8 so.....sorry I can't help either. :(

I have a brand new lap top with windows 8. I cannot get it to connect. Com failed. I have tried com 1-12 and still no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Hey, PM me. I run windows 8/8.1 and my usb cable works. I will help ya out.

Clint

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have windows 8 with windows 7 classic shell and had issues at first. I had to Unzip the drivers folder and install them. I have it on Com 2 or 3.

you first need to download and run the prolific driver (either off the net or at fuelairspark,com , or from the xfi disc

plug in the usb and it should find the driver and install it (or do it manually and choose the prolific file from wherever you put it
go to you device manager and find the usb hub list
find the one that is the usb adapter (prolific)
open it and go advanced and find the com port that the pc assigned to it, it could be as high as 20 on some Pcs
you can change the com port to one that the pc isnt using (check your list of other usb ports)
set it to a port between 1 and 12

now on fast top tab goto communicate> setup> com port> and select the port that the usb adapter is assigned in the pc
now either use the F2 key or goto communicate> connect and you should be in

in the future when you start up the PC put the usb adapter into the same usb port on the pc otherwise it will try to reassign it a new com port #
also if you close the pc and it sleeps you may need to unplug and replug the usb adapter from the pc so the pc can reestablish the com port

Had the same issue and had to purchase a new serial to usb device. Had to be prolific. See if someone has an adapter u can try...

The serial2usb provided by FAST crapped out on me within a few months. Replaced it and all is well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

OK guys I have time finally to try to figure this out. Thanks for all the help. I am tying stuff now I will let you know what works.

It came with the Fast 2.0 says usb serial cable. Sorry I don't know much about computers.

from fast it should have the prolific chipset

did your pc install the usb adapter when you plugged it in?

Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port(COM4) When I try to connect with the key on still no luck. I pulled out the USB and moved it to a different plug. The com changed, I changed it on Fast and still no connection