Congratulations Rob...

TommyV8

...on the 6-banger record for GIR! Very impressive! I wasn't there last night but pretty soon my g/f is gonna want to see what her latest automobile aquisition can do so i'll be there in the near future. Congrats again and see you guys later. :D
Tom

Thanks!!!! The car would of went faster, but i was fighting a spuddering problem all night. All three passes i made it spuddered all the way down the track.

Congrats Rob! I saw two of your runs and the car looked great going down the track. I hope you get it sorted out, that car is going to fly!

BTW, remember last summer when you told me to ditch the Thrasher chip? I took your advice and put the stock chip back in for last night (and fixed a lot of little problems). The car picked up a full second in the 1/4! Thanks!

Originally posted by brn agn
Congrats Rob! I saw two of your runs and the car looked great going down the track. I hope you get it sorted out, that car is going to fly!

BTW, remember last summer when you told me to ditch the Thrasher chip? I took your advice and put the stock chip back in for last night (and fixed a lot of little problems). The car picked up a full second in the 1/4! Thanks!
Thanks!!! Glad that i could help. What did you end up running last night. Let me know when you go out there again.

Need to get that 10 second pass first. But i will for you :p. I'm gonna try and get the car fixed this weekend and i hope to go back out there next week. The sad part is i ran 11.63 at 122mph with 18psi of boost with a 93 street chip. Now that i have tried 2 race chips with alot more of boost all it wants to do is sputter the whole 1/4 mile. The last two times i went out to the track it has done that.

Originally posted by rob nolan
Thanks!!! Glad that i could help. What did you end up running last night. Let me know when you go out there again.

My best run was 13.08 @104mph. I wanted a 12 second pass really bad, but it just didn't happen. I did manage to break the rear end in the car. The ring and pinion are toast. I doubt I will be back at the track this year. I will get the car back together over the winter.

I am sure you already checked this, but I have a Casper's Coilpack/Ignition Module Tester if you ever need to borrow it. In fact, I will be driving by Granite City this Friday.

That's too bad about the rear on the TTA man, that's one of my absolute favorite fbods. There is one at Fastlane right now and the other day when I was there I must've stared at it for 20 minutes. Anybody wanna loan me $22,500?:D

Originally posted by brn agn
My best run was 13.08 @104mph. I wanted a 12 second pass really bad, but it just didn't happen. I did manage to break the rear end in the car. The ring and pinion are toast. I doubt I will be back at the track this year. I will get the car back together over the winter.

I am sure you already checked this, but I have a Casper's Coilpack/Ignition Module Tester if you ever need to borrow it. In fact, I will be driving by Granite City this Friday.
That sucks that rear let go. I seen you on the side of the highway and i new something was wrong while i was in the pits.

What time are you going to driving by Granite City because i am off friday. I will thank you very much for letting me borrow the Casper Tester from you.

We will be driving by around 5:30-6:00. If you are going to be around, I can meet you at Burger King across from the track. If this will work, drop me an E-mail at kjcooper@yhti.net.

congrats rob, i hope to be there when you hit 10s

my car is startin to show its age, lots of stuff to replace. i havnt gone wot since last summer. im just happy it still runs.

good luck

congrats rob, i hope to be there when you hit 10s

my car is startin to show its age, lots of stuff to replace. i havnt gone wot since last summer. im just happy it still runs.

also got my mccord electric dump a couple of weeks ago, its real fun on the street :D

good luck

Thanks quickbrick!!! I'm gonna go back out there tuesday again if i get the car running right. The weather is suppose to NICE!!!.

Rob

Rob,

I was thinking about driving over from Columbia and running
at Gateway. Last time I couldn't hook with drag radials. On
Tuesday evening can you run on slicks?

What record at Gateway???? I have run a best of 11.20 on a stock long block.With atleast 1300 passes on the original motor!YOU NEW THIS WOULD RUFFLE MY FEATHERS.Also I did this on a 12inch. convertor with a 1.51 short time!!
DDay:eek:

When does gateway close this year? I had hopes of making a pass this year but see them dwindling..........

But hey..........look on the bright side...........it runs now :D

Hey 2 gns, Are you from columbia? Is your name Troy? I helped a guy this year at B.G. put a gt-67 turbo on his GN. His name Is Troy, and he runs a auto repair shop In Columbia. Just wondering If It was one of you Columbia guys, or If you know him? Thanks, Bob.

Originally posted by 11.20n1320
What record at Gateway???? I have run a best of 11.20 on a stock long block.With atleast 1300 passes on the original motor!YOU NEW THIS WOULD RUFFLE MY FEATHERS.Also I did this on a 12inch. convertor with a 1.51 short time!!
DDay:eek:
On tuesday nights its the street car shoot out. If you got some DOT tires come on out there and lets what it runs. By the way, everytime i seen your car run it was around 11.70s at about 112 to 115 mph. My car would of went alot faster, BUT it was sputtering all the way down the track on all 3 passes that i ran.