Congrats to Roy/Laz for their new best 1/8 mile times with the iron headed 109!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Well yesterday as I'm sure some know there was supposed to be a track rental down here in Florida at Bradenton Motorsports Park but due to the rainy weather the track rental was canceled by the track owner (a bit too prematurely IMO considering some out that way say it cleared up)..... Anyways there were a good # of Buick guys that already had their cars on the trailers ready to race (including Roy/Laz) so luckily Immokalee Regional Raceway www.immrace.com which happens to be an IHRA 1/8 mile track was open for Bracket Racing as well as TnT and the weather was nice although a bit on the warm side compared to what Bradenton would have been like..

So anyways let me cut to the chase before people reading this thread forget why they opened it in the first place.. Roy's iron headed 109 car which if I'm not mistaken was still in TSM trim like they had it at Reynolds (3400+lbs) ran a new best~ 6.06 @114.53mph!!! :biggrin: I had taken a picture of the timeslip but unfortunately it came out blurry but I think I remember it pretty well..

60'-1.40
330'-392
1/8 ET-6.06
1/8 MPH-114.53

They had run a few other 6.0 passes @113mphnchange (6.09 and a 6.07).. I believe on the 6.07 pass Roy was a little late on the 1-2 shift (can't blame him when you see how hard this car leaves with the front tires in the air) and the motor over reved (7250 RPM) :eek: but the 60' on this pass was a 1.36 and the 330' was a 391 and from what Laz says the 330' indicates that this car easily has a 5.9x pass in it which on iron heads is quite an amazing accomplishment!
In the 1/4 mile at BMP going on what the car ran in the 1/8 I am thinking this car would have run a 9.5x @142nchange...

It's also important to note that this was only Laz's second time out the new XFI FAST system:cool:

Wow, that thing is nice. I'm sure there is a lot of work in that thing, but you cant tell by looking. Total sleeper. I am big time impressed.

What's the round thing on the comp housing/downpipe, and the other thing on the up-pipe? Killer times guy's, congrats!

That appears to bea the "NEW STYLE" cottons front mount.Not the first gen type, Florida and Texas must be close by ;) Congrats on the new times guys.

WHEEZER said:
What's the round thing on the comp housing/downpipe, and the other thing on the up-pipe? Killer times guy's, congrats!

ON the DP is a racegate, on the uppipe is a blowoff valve, brand unknown by me.

Congrats again guys :) It was awesome to come out and watch some racing for a change, and you folks put on one hell of a show! 5's are just around the corner :)

- Matt

I was bored and wanted to play with the holesaw :wink: . There to get more air to the tranny cooler but it looked funny with only one on the passeneger side so we did both .

Thanks guys !

Laz deserves all the credit.

I had heard good things about "Immokalee Raceway", especially "It hooks like a mother, if it's not really hot", well they were right. We had a real good time, and even though I am not much of an 1/8" miler we enjoyed what we thought was going to be a washout racing week end.

Many thanks to Alex and Andre for giving us a BIG hand with the tranny.

I hope that Bradenton event takes is re-scheduled next month. I need the "seat time" ;)

Great thumbs up on the "XFI" is the hook up. The guru is Really digesting all the data.

laz said:
I was bored and wanted to play with the holesaw :wink: . There to get more air to the tranny cooler but it looked funny with only one on the passeneger side so we did both .

Congrats on accomplishments ! :)

BTW--Fan for tranny cooler works better :D

Joe