Congrats Dave Fiscus!!

That is really flying. TSO may wind up in the 7's in a couple years:biggrin: .

Hartline, XFI, and PTC... Great combo.. I guess there are others who can make a car go down the track and set records.

Hey everyone. I'd like to say thanks to all of you that have given me the thumbs-up for the new best. It really was a good day for the car. After winning the first two races in the points series we decided to try some new things since I knew that Dan and Joe couldn't catch me in the points. Problem was I work alot and didn't get to go to the track until the next point series race( Osceola ). Well sometimes you try things that work and other times they don't, at that outing the car just hit the tires too hard going into third gear getting sideways which allowed Dan to go around me for the win. In hindsight I should have backed the car down to the power that they were putting down so I could of got the car down the track.
Anyway, on to Cecil. I got a boost controller to help calm the car down but as usual my work schedule didn't allow me to go and test. I ended up having a bad controller solenoid. The boost would drop off to 10 lbs. after I shifted into 2nd gear. Maybe if I could have went and tested before hand maybe I could have found the problem in time but it wasn't meant to be. Ted and Avon put up some great numbers at Cecil so I decided to work a little harder on fixing the car before the end of the year.
This past weekend Cal walked me through the boost controller and told me the tune was safe to go ahead and lay down a number. Everything pretty much worked as planned and we ran our best pass SO FAR.
I would like to say thanks to Cal and Holly Hartline for all their support and parts, its nice knowing that there is a great tune in it should I choose to turn it up. RPE built one heck of an engine that made pass after pass. Getting the ironman award was a testament to RPE. PTC( Dusty Bradford ) got the convertor dead-on, the slip was next to nothing and is raceable on a pro tree.
Without these people the car wouldn't go nowhere near as fast..THANKS!
Natalie and I have had a great time racing with all of you this year.

Dave Fiscus

Congrats Dave.
I guess Avon is going to have to dance alittle more to slow your ass back down next year.:biggrin:

Great job Dave!! These cars make us WORK for every pass we make with them... Your hard work shows every time... Again Great job!!

I would like to say thanks to Cal and Holly Hartline for all their support and parts, its nice knowing that there is a great tune in it should I choose to turn it up. RPE built one heck of an engine that made pass after pass. Getting the ironman award was a testament to RPE. PTC( Dusty Bradford ) got the convertor dead-on, the slip was next to nothing and is raceable on a pro tree.

Thanks to Natalie for getting Dave off his butt and in the garage/fire station working on the car! Without her, he would just now be ready for BG!

I have to congratulate RPE on building an engine that EVEN Dave hasn't been able to tear up. I also have to say Dusty has got these PTC convertors figured out. Too many guys are running fast with them for it to be a fluke. Great job guys!

Thanks again to everyone for their kind words and encouragement. It makes all of the work seem worth it.

I didn't think that the car would go that fast but Cal kept saying that there was more left in it. That's why he's the tuner and I'm a ditch digger.

Take care,

Dave Fiscus

Thanks again to everyone for their kind words and encouragement. It makes all of the work seem worth it.

I didn't think that the car would go that fast but Cal kept saying that there was more left in it. That's why he's the tuner and I'm a ditch digger.

Take care,

Dave Fiscus

I guess that E-Mail that Cal sent you (REALLY) worked Now if i can get my E-mail fixed maybe Cal ol buddy you can fix me up

I just did a little tweaking to the program and tried a couple new features which required an update to the XFI. When you're ready we'll do the same to yours.
After reviewing Dave's data, I think we may have a little more left. I'm gonna send him out a new program this week while everything is fresh in my mind. Hopefully he can resist taking it out until next year :biggrin: After he gets the package I just shipped him, he may not :wink:

I just did a little tweaking to the program and tried a couple new features which required an update to the XFI. When you're ready we'll do the same to yours.
After reviewing Dave's data, I think we may have a little more left. I'm gonna send him out a new program this week while everything is fresh in my mind. Hopefully he can resist taking it out until next year :biggrin: After he gets the package I just shipped him, he may not :wink:

Dave, told me about the update for the boost controller it looks like UPS overnite is getting my money:biggrin: Ill call ya in the morning.