computer geeks inside: how can I write a simple computer program

GNFURY

wooooshhhhhhhhh
I would like to write myself a simple computer program to print out window stickers using simple math formulas. Anybody coach me through it?

I might be able to help you out if you can provide more details. I shouldn't have a problem with the formulas, etc, but formatting the output to your specs might get a little tough. Send me an email if you can, I don't check the board all too often anymore. jonasterg@gmail.com Also, let me know what (if any) programming experience you might have, any language preferences, and what machine/OS you're using (MS Windows, Linux, OS/X). I can write in C++ and Fortran 95/97, and I'm in the process of learning Java and Ada. Also, let me know any deadlines you may have, I'm finishing up my engineering degree so I'm usually pretty busy during the week. Hope this helps.

You could also consider Perl. One good Perl book from any major bookstore can get you through it, and Perl is free. Very good for text processing. You can get a "Hello World" program running in minutes, literally. I use it for parsing and cleaning up net length matching data from Allegro (and sometimes Mentor Graphics) :D

TurboTR

simple math, just use MS excel, i have a bunch of "programs" or spreadsheets with math formulas for tracking aircraft hours and such, i also have one that will do al the math for a flight plan, all i do is enter the airpseed and distanve an the time and fuel are calculated and added to the rest of the legs.
Grant