Compression Ratio Survey

What is the highest compression ratio you SII afficianados have employed successfully in your motors and the highest boost achieved reliably?

Ill post this in the general tech forum also.

11.27 to one. 22 psi boost reliably.

28, it blowed up. That equates to a dynamic CR of aroud 32 to one. Yipes!

9 to 10 to 1 in not un heard of, especially with big single turbos.

DonWG said:
11.27 to one. 22 psi boost reliably.

28, it blowed up. That equates to a dynamic CR of aroud 32 to one. Yipes!

Thats on alcohol (dont remember which one ).

turbodragster said:
it was on gas b ut it was real good gas and i got an awsome intercooler air temp 45degrees

I've heard of racing gas with octane numbers in the high 120s. Is it true? Or is it a fairy tale? The stuff developed for the turbo import crowd? You would have to have something 124 octane or higher to do what your doing.

well you right there is a special gas it is an import fuel but its rated at 120++++++ and its $23 per gallon so allot of people do not use it but it does work

we are going to find out what the limit is its all about how far your willing to push it. we have been 6.51 @ 207 and we are going to try to get more we just went from 70mm p-trims to 70mm GTS tubines and from an ar68 to ar 81 so we will have to see we finally got the car tuned to spool with gts wheels we got 25lbs on the two step and have 40lbs on the waste gates should do somthing

turbodragster said:
we are going to find out what the limit is its all about how far your willing to push it. we have been 6.51 @ 207 and we are going to try to get more we just went from 70mm p-trims to 70mm GTS tubines and from an ar68 to ar 81 so we will have to see we finally got the car tuned to spool with gts wheels we got 25lbs on the two step and have 40lbs on the waste gates should do somthing
Any chance youll be draggin it to bowling Green?
This i would like to see

i don't think im going to be able to make it to bowlinggreen but we have to see i got allot of testing to do so i will have to see