Complete 86-87 engine and BRF 200r4

More info on engine/ tranny

Clint came up from Sierra vista ( very nice guy, VETERAN ). He split the tranny away from engine. No damage to tranny. Converter spins freely & the fluid looks good. No signs of water in the oil or Valve cover areas. Pulled all 6 plugs ( looked fine ) The crank turns over freely. Pulled filter & noticed some metal in it. Did not strike a deal, but met a fellow TR guy. so it tuned out to be a good day.

Motor/Trans @ Paul's

Drove to Phoenix today to look at the motor. Well I was hoping for all well visit. We I must agree that Paul is pretty nice TR guy himself. Well I looked over the motor and trans. Lets start off by saying that the motor/trans is or to the best off my knowledge 100% stock.

First lets talk about the trans........The trans is a BRF for sure. I had to tilt the trans over to get fluid on the diptick. The fluid was really clean but not much in it; plus who knows... All the clutch material could be settled on the bottom of the pan and I never took off the pan. However the pan on the trans is a deep veined pan. Also the torque convertor is a stock 12 inch.

Now lets talk to motor....As I mentioned, the motor is stock. The only after market parts are fuel pressure regular, old blue strip injectors (36lb from a ford SVO), and the turbo, probably a T44 from Harry. The motor had really bad compression. I was able to completely turn the motor over with the flywheel by hand and with spark plugs in. Plugs were black and the plugs were really fowled and oiled black. Then I pulled the oil filter. This was the real big deal killer. When I pulled the filter off, out poured oil full of metal. Usually you wouldn't see metal in the filter unless you cut the filter in half and poke a hole in the bottom of the filter. I did poke a hole in the filter and again out poured metal in the oil. As it poured the oil was sivler until it settled.

Paul not to knock you and the motor, just stating the facts. I know that you are selling it for a friend. THIS MOTOR IS FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS A LOT OF MONEY AND THAT WANTS TO SPEND AT LEAST $4500 in rebuild. The turbo is in really nice shape, no back and forth play. Paul, my offer still stands..... I am in Maricopa right now for the next 1-2 hours (Time 6:29 pm now). I have $900 bones for the setup and they are all crisp Ben Franklins..... Call me if you will take it. :cool:

Drove to Phoenix today to look at the motor. Well I was hoping for all well visit. We I must agree that Paul is pretty nice TR guy himself. Well I looked over the motor and trans. Lets start off by saying that the motor/trans is or to the best off my knowledge 100% stock.

First lets talk about the trans........The trans is a BRF for sure. I had to tilt the trans over to get fluid on the diptick. The fluid was really clean but not much in it; plus who knows... All the clutch material could be settled on the bottom of the pan and I never took off the pan. However the pan on the trans is a deep veined pan. Also the torque convertor is a stock 12 inch.

Now lets talk to motor....As I mentioned, the motor is stock. The only after market parts are fuel pressure regular, old blue strip injectors (36lb from a ford SVO), and the turbo, probably a T44 from Harry. The motor had really bad compression. I was able to completely turn the motor over with the flywheel by hand and with spark plugs in. Plugs were black and the plugs were really fowled and oiled black. Then I pulled the oil filter. This was the real big deal killer. When I pulled the filter off, out poured oil full of metal. Usually you wouldn't see metal in the filter unless you cut the filter in half and poke a hole in the bottom of the filter. I did poke a hole in the filter and again out poured metal in the oil. As it poured the oil was sivler until it settled.

Paul not to knock you and the motor, just stating the facts. I know that you are selling it for a friend. THIS MOTOR IS FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS A LOT OF MONEY AND THAT WANTS TO SPEND AT LEAST $4500 in rebuild. The turbo is in really nice shape, no back and forth play. Paul, my offer still stands..... I am in Maricopa right now for the next 1-2 hours (Time 6:29 pm now). I have $900 bones for the setup and they are all crisp Ben Franklins..... Call me if you will take it. :cool:

Should probably check the vin # on the block to make sure it wasn't from a stolen car or anything, since everything else is coming out so good on this deal.:confused:

I was going to drive 7 hours one way to pick it up for $800 and also buy some other junk that he had. I did not expect the motor and trans to be a good turn key running gear ready to go, just a core is all I was looking for. I have plenty of them and would never make a deal with this guy again.

PAUL, GOOD LUCK ON THE SALE :rolleyes:

anyone can check the #'s.

First, He used as an excuse for not calling the guy was " I'm So slammed , I didn't even have one minute to call Him " to "I called him & no answer." Now He is saying that He called Him twice. Lets do this.... Why don't You produce me a phone record proving You called him TWICE , & I''ll GIVE You a free engine delivered. Hows that for proving I'm in the right ? To Anyone reading this, I Bet he can't do that. If not , just proves that talk is cheap, either put up or shut up I've never screwed ANYONE on ANY sale on this forum & have had dozens of dozens of sales. Even though He didn't purchase the engine on Sat, the guy from Sierra Vista can vouch that & was honest with him & let Him TOTALLY inspect any part of the package.Just short of tearing it down. Nothing to hide. I could have put A new filter w clean oil in it, But I left the one that was on it. & I'm not even getting any more money on this deal. Throwing in a bunch of free parts to help move it for the last buyer too. I'll be pulling the bearings this week after a compression check that I plan on to ease anyone's mind on the condition.If it needs ring & bearings, I'll have it done.( friend works at a machine shop) I should even be able to video it. My track record speaks for itself. Paul

First, He used as an excuse for not calling the guy was " I'm So slammed , I didn't even have one minute to call Him " to "I called him & no answer." Now He is saying that He called Him twice. Lets do this.... Why don't You produce me a phone record proving You called him TWICE , & I''ll GIVE You a free engine delivered. Hows that for proving I'm in the right ? To Anyone reading this, I Bet he can't do that. If not , just proves that talk is cheap, either put up or shut up I've never screwed ANYONE on ANY sale on this forum & have had dozens of dozens of sales. My track record speaks for itself. Paul

I just now noticed this Bull Sh!t.

I told you I was on the road Saturday, phone calls are easy, I did call the number you gave me TWICE with no answer and I checked with AT&T and the only time that there is a record of a call if it was answered. So you got me there, but I am sure you knew that and that is why you offered " I''ll GIVE You a free engine delivered "

I did tell you I was slammed and did not have a extra minute to get on my laptop to Paypal you Sunday morning because I had a lot of people come by that day. But as soon as I did have time your deposit was sent and then returned a hour later because you got greedy.

Don't make up dumb ass sh!t to make yourself look good and put words in my mouth.

People like you is why these forums suck now

GOOD LUCK ON THE SALE

psied6 just a question did you call from home or call on the road with cell phone

how the weather in riverside went to jr high there, friends still living there