Comp Cams Hyd Roller Lifters 4.1 Regular Production Block Build

Ken Adams

Need input please. Is there a Comp Cams hyd roller lifter set up available, that are drop in ready and without the need to bush lifter bores in my 4.1 regular production engine? Would Comp Cams # CCA-885-12 meet my needs? Brands other than Comp Cams? Thanks

the comp 853-12 will work and Morel makes a set. I like the Morel a bit better due to the foot design. The Comp 885 is no longer available

I have access to a few sets of Comp 885 roller lifters if you want a set. :)

A set just went into one of the production 4.1 builds just being finished. There are 5 additional builds in process, but may have an extra set available?

A set just went into one of the production 4.1 builds just being finished. There are 5 additional builds in process, but may have an extra set available?
Nick, in your opinion is the 885 better than the 853 roller lifter set?

We have the Morel and the Comp lifters in stock we sell both along with complete custom cam kits
Mike

I've got plenty of limited travel and standard plunger hyd roller lifters in stock. Also specific springs and retainers/locks. All depends on how much advantage you are looking for. If the head are off and you want to go with some more aggressive lobes pm me with your goals.

What are you asking for the Comp Com 885-12 roller lifters?

853 will not work unless it's old 853's. New ones are a no go unless the bores are bushed.

I had a couple sets of the old 853's if your heart is set on them I will check and see if I still do. As Bison said the new ones require some work The Morel is a drop in, what is your goal? That will help determine what cam and how aggressive it needs to be and what sort of lifter you may need.
Mike

I had a couple sets of the old 853's if your heart is set on them I will check and see if I still do. As Bison said the new ones require some work The Morel is a drop in, what is your goal? That will help determine what cam and how aggressive it needs to be and what sort of lifter you may need.
Mike
Plans are to install Comp Cams CCA-69-200-8 hyd roller.

853 will not work unless it's old 853's. New ones are a no go unless the bores are bushed.

Would you happen to know the measurements on the old one compared to the new one? I'm going to change out a lifter and I'm thinking I might have a new one.:( Or is there a different part number for old and new, besides 853?

Lack of Shielded foot around roller will be the give away

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

These are 885's

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1371934886.073976.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

forzfed said:
Would you happen to know the measurements on the old one compared to the new one? I'm going to change out a lifter and I'm thinking I might have a new one.:( Or is there a different part number for old and new, besides 853?

The new one is obvious. Has a cut out on the body so the plunger can be removed and the roller is un-shielded.