comp cam springs waaaaay off...

87NAT

In Between GN's
I plan on changing valve springs this weekend. I had a set of kirban springs I ordered a while back...planned on changing them just never had time.

Anyway, after doing my homework on the boards I decide to go with the comp cams 980 springs instead because of a little lower pressure with my stock cam.They are advertised at 91# seat pressure @1.7. The kirbans are advertised at 100#@ 1.7. I just came back from my friends machine shop. The comp cams 980 measured 70-72# @ 1.7 on all 12 springs!:eek:
Could they have been misboxed by comp? The kirban springs all measured 95-96# @ 1.7. So I am going with those. We also checked to other sets of springs he had at his shop per the specs on the boxes just to make sure and they both checked out.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

I am not a huge fan of comp cams anything. I wouldnt doubt that they blame you for that, and that they take no responsibility! Good luck with your swap though!

I have found almost similar pressures with the 980's at that installed height, werent much better than the stockers. Sold em and went behive and a roller.