Collector Car Insurance? Grundy or Hagerty.

I pay $165 a year with StateFarm collector insurance, 3000 miles a year limit. After 4 years I am 11,000+ miles to the good. They have never checked mileage.
Same here, I am paying maybe 28 a month for state farm. Now that I have a little Boy the best time for me to enjoy the car is going to work. Spend the rest of the time with him. :)

well, they didn't call by Friday. So I take it I will hear from them on Monday ( that way adjuster can think n go over what he is going to say ). Our conversation will be interesting. :mad:

well looks like american modern isn't going to cover my loss. I will speak to my Lawer on Monday 3-11-13 and see what my options are. But I can assure you I will be puting my GN's on my Geico Policy. I will not risk them getting F####d by Amig Collector Car Insurance. :mad:

I believe they will used the factbit wasnt garaged. They may try saying you could rent a garge. Idk im not an ins adj but ive been screwed by them a cpl of times.. good luck

psycho, you had Amig? but, thats exactly what they are hiding behind. exclusion 17 , states that vehicle (singular) should be kept in garage when not in use. But I asked them how do I put 3 vehicles in a 2 car garage? since all 3 are insured by them. their Program Booklet and Elgibility Booklet both state that upon pre-approval by underwriting they do insure a vehicle that is not garaged. (Hence) my arguement that they did infact insure my chevy as long I had an alarm and kill switch on it. Both were installed, so they (underwriting ) new my 3rd vehicle, which could've been one of the GN's that got stolen, would be parked in the driveway. I strongly believe that they are denying the claim because I have an agreed value policy on all 3. the chevy was for 20k and GN's are 25k each. I am so Pissed rightnow, but I can't drive to Ohio just yet and Kick someone in the Dingoberries, then walk out. :oops: I'll wait til summer comes around. :D you know, my son's Mom passed away on 1-3-2013 from smoke inhalation. I have Life and Accidental Insurance on her, they asked for an Original Copy of Death Certificate, copy of Police Report and Toxicoligy Report. Im still waiting on all 3, but what are the Damn odds the they too look for a way out, in order to not pay? I am really begining to understand why Good People turn Bad. why is it that all these Con MoFo's get away with Murder. But, the people that go by the book and do what's right, are the one's getting F####d? I just don't get it. :confused:

Notsofast

Sorry for all you are going through.

I would do as much homework as possible on related case law and make it very clear to the insurance company that it will cost them more time and money to fight you on this than paying the claim.

Search hard for information on similar claims and cases there must be much information out there

You will need to do the homework yourself as attorney time is crazy expensive I would simply consult with a good insurance lawyer for a few hours who can point you in the right direction

Sucks hugely to lose such a pretty truck but based on your last post looks like you've experienced the sort of loss that can't be fixed which puts this in perspective.

Good luck
Joel

No I dont but I know how ins companies try to get out of everything.. I would have said a different story knowingbthey want it garaged.. you live and youblearn.. good luck

psycho, you had Amig? but, thats exactly what they are hiding behind. exclusion 17 , states that vehicle (singular) should be kept in garage when not in use. But I asked them how do I put 3 vehicles in a 2 car garage? since all 3 are insured by them. their Program Booklet and Elgibility Booklet both state that upon pre-approval by underwriting they do insure a vehicle that is not garaged. (Hence) my arguement that they did infact insure my chevy as long I had an alarm and kill switch on it. Both were installed, so they (underwriting ) new my 3rd vehicle, which could've been one of the GN's that got stolen, would be parked in the driveway. I strongly believe that they are denying the claim because I have an agreed value policy on all 3. the chevy was for 20k and GN's are 25k each. I am so Pissed rightnow, but I can't drive to Ohio just yet and Kick someone in the Dingoberries, then walk out. :oops: I'll wait til summer comes around. :D you know, my son's Mom passed away on 1-3-2013 from smoke inhalation. I have Life and Accidental Insurance on her, they asked for an Original Copy of Death Certificate, copy of Police Report and Toxicoligy Report. Im still waiting on all 3, but what are the Damn odds the they too look for a way out, in order to not pay? I am really begining to understand why Good People turn Bad. why is it that all these Con MoFo's get away with Murder. But, the people that go by the book and do what's right, are the one's getting F####d? I just don't get it. :confused:

There was a American modern broker at out Buick meeting today and he stated That the car would not be insured if it was not in a locked garage. I also found out they have a policy that covers car on the race track. The premium is high. He stated without that policy your not covered past the staging area. I dont know if this will help but here is his info
Mike Baker 630-820-8696. I would call him just to check. good luck
This guy is a broker for Grundy,Hagerty,American Modern and others. He stated that American Modern was the one that gave him the least amount of problems and had the best policies.

I thought Hagerty and Grundy would be closer to each other, but not so much!! Just got my quotes, based on full coverage and agreed value of $15,000 for each of my two GN's they are far apart.
Hagerty's quote was $598/yr for both
Grundy's quote was 453/yr for both

So I guess I know which way to go. Guess I should check American Modern first.

Well, so much for American Modern. They only right policies in IL.

chopped39, thank's , I'll call and just speak to him. see what kind of information he can give. I may have found an Attorney who can help me out as he specializes in Car Insurance. they mentioned when I spoke to them, that if I had uninsured motorists , and I do have it. they have case Law where since an uninsured asshole stoled it , I can file under that. Or, since my vehicle was recovered, they should just cover the Damages to fix it. I mean, it would need all new interior, paint job, windows, hmmm! they may be unto something. I'll keep my fingers X'ed, but they will let me know for sure by 3-17-2013. something is better then nothing.

joeld, they don't give a rats aZZ, the Adjuster made it very clear they are not going to cover shit. because of exclusion 17. I will never understand how they approved coverage for the which ever vehicle is parked in the driveway, then back paddle when I need them. I just don't see how they can get away with it. :eek: not only that, but know I owe the damn salvage yard $1300 from the day they picked it up. I will speak to the salvage owner and see if he will cut me a deal. this shit is just getting worse all the way around. :oops: this is not the way I wanted to start off the new yr. :mad: