Collective Critisism for GBODYPARTS.COM

joey316g

Too many cars.
Im sure people are gonna have a problem with this post but I swear, Im not trying to bash this vendor at all. Just bringing something to light. Heres what happened. I was browsing the this site for some GN parts. Site was nice, well put together, had plenty of good parts and the prices were good. Plus being a supporting vendor of this great site, I wanted to show some support. Well I put together a order for a few small items. This would be the first of many future purchases for me from this vendor. So i select 3 MAF clamps, a battery hold down with bolt and 2 grill springs. Everything looked good until I got to the shipping part. To my surprise after putting my address in, i get my shipping quote...$19??? Seriously I thought? I mean these items together weigh less than a pound. Theres no way it could be close to accurate. Ive shipped plenty of items over the years. It just seemed high to me and I ended up not ordering. Please dont think that I am cheap. If i was cheap, I wouldnt be buying $23 grill springs, right? This was principle for me. I know this is a niche market and there arent many companies out there for these cars but at the same time, THIS IS A NICHE MARKET and there arent many consumers out there who are looking for these items. Who knows, maybe this was not correct. I would like to believe that is the case and thats one of the reasons I am bringing this up. Like I said, I had nothing but good feelings until the shipping quote......Now flame away..:D

Who knows, maybe this was not correct. .Now flame away..:D

So instead of starting a thread about a transaction that never took place, why didn't you just pick up the phone and verify whether the shipping was right or wrong :rolleyes:

when it ships out ur not charged that. I had the same issue with Brian at one time with a small item weighing less then half a pound. that is what he told me.

he should fix that with his website tho cause I can understand why someone would think that was wrong.

just email or call him. no big deal. much easier solution then creating a post about it.

Wow!! Thats funny:D , I was just on the site ordering a gauge and shipping was :eek:$19:confused: , so I got It from another site ...

If I understand correctly from another thread, Brian stated that the computation is fixed at a 1 pound minimum, meaning the shipping will show higher than it really is. Anyway like has been posted just call...

Bryan

There are alot of sites that have shipping set. I was going to order 4 key chains and the shipping was $19. Never got back to the site to yet to get actual quote. But you know thats not right. Call before you post on here. When you call the vendor and the shipping is only $5 instead of $19 you will feel dumb like I did:biggrin:

Look, let me make this clear again. This is not a bashing post...more informative. Seems to me that from the few replys, this has been an ongoing problem...and unlike one of the posts in this thread where there was a loss of a sale, I'm bringing this up so that the webstore owner can see that this may be hurting his sales. I'm not out to hurt anyone. As for calling for a quote, well doesn't this defeat the purpose of ordering online? And if this is the way its gonna be, then clearly state it in the shipping area of chbeckout. I am wondering how many people never brought it up and simply never ordered or bothered returning to the site for that matter... again, let me confirm that I am not one of these people who just bitch for the sake of it. This is clearly a problem and I'm sure has rubbed people the wrong way. I am surely not the only one and if it remains that way, I surely won't be the last.

Look, let me make this clear again. This is not a bashing post...more informative. Seems to me that from the few replys, this has been an ongoing problem...and unlike one of the posts in this thread where there was a loss of a sale, I'm bringing this up so that the webstore owner can see that this may be hurting his sales. I'm not out to hurt anyone. As for calling for a quote, well doesn't this defeat the purpose of ordering online? And if this is the way its gonna be, then clearly state it in the shipping area of chbeckout. I am wondering how many people never brought it up and simply never ordered or bothered returning to the site for that matter... again, let me confirm that I am not one of these people who just bitch for the sake of it. This is clearly a problem and I'm sure has rubbed people the wrong way. I am surely not the only one and if it remains that way, I surely won't be the last.

Trust me I have been battling this for a while now. I no have a new web person working on this as we speak. The problem we are having is Canada shipments are showing lower then reality & the continental US is showing hi.
This is the newest one added yesterday although it is a Monte part we put a remark in the add.
GBodyParts.com Online
We are hoping to have all fed ex rates in here by next week.
I have to work on how we can incorperate USPS for small flate rate boxes.

I know today alone I refunded 10 orders via pay pal. It wears me out as well.

I appreciate the constructive criticism as well.

My companies website sells transmissions and because the UPS calculator will calculate the shipping for them, the customer trys to hold us to $60 to ship a Transmission 8 states away. It's definetely fusterating to say the least. The best thing to do is call and order directly.

BTW, Brian....take the Hardened rocker shafts off the site if your not selling them. That wasted my time ordering them and calling to check the order status and find out there discontinued.

Thanks!

It has been a while, but when I ordered a oil drain tube from gbody - $17 shipping....

Ordered a power plate... $17 shipping

So when I see prices are now $21 for, say a gasket.. I look elsewhere.

Never had an 'shipping adjustment' applied to my orders.

My companies website sells transmissions and because the UPS calculator will calculate the shipping for them, the customer trys to hold us to $60 to ship a Transmission 8 states away. It's definetely fusterating to say the least. The best thing to do is call and order directly.

The problem is that the UPS calculator sucks donkey balls. I can't even count how many times we've lost money on shipping because it doesn't add up correctly. Seriously, there's been quite a few customers that have gotten away with great deals. Luckily for us we're not dealing with 90 pound parts most of the time like you, so we honor the quote.

It has been a while, but when I ordered a oil drain tube from gbody - $17 shipping....

Ordered a power plate... $17 shipping

So when I see prices are now $21 for, say a gasket.. I look elsewhere.

Never had an 'shipping adjustment' applied to my orders.

«same for me. I should have ask for a shipping adjustment because it has never been offered to me.

«same for me. I should have ask for a shipping adjustment because it has never been offered to me.

I explained earlier that shipping to Canada is usually lower then reality. If you were charged what was on line it was probablly less then what it cost us.

williamsGN shoot me an e-mail with your order #'s. Most of the time if you use a Credit card it isn't charged that amount. Also keep in mind we are in NC & you are in CA. Fed ex isn't like USPS where they have some one delivering to every address in the US daily. The further away the higher the shipping.

Our Fed ex rep showed up about 10 minutes after I made that post. They are having an IT guy call Tuesday so we can get this straightened out. He explained to me that there are some zip codes that you will have higher shipping. they are out away from major cities. Residential fees of $2.00 are charged on every residential shipment.

Red LS1 that was updated.

Well it could be worse. W just got a backup shipment of parts from honda (emergency supply) from south america. $2,830.00 shipping for 3 trannys.

williamsGN shoot me an e-mail with your order #'s. Most of the time if you use a Credit card it isn't charged that amount. Also keep in mind we are in NC & you are in CA. Fed ex isn't like USPS where they have some one delivering to every address in the US daily. The further away the higher the shipping.

Our Fed ex rep showed up about 10 minutes after I made that post. They are having an IT guy call Tuesday so we can get this straightened out. He explained to me that there are some zip codes that you will have higher shipping. they are out away from major cities. Residential fees of $2.00 are charged on every residential shipment.

Red LS1 that was updated.

Pulled out my Cc statements ... the oil tube was from 2010 and it was charged $21 shipping

2007 was the power plate, charged $17 USPS @ 7 lbs :eek:

Appreciate your service Brain... especially the calendars :D

Just have to take shipping into account when I order and it takes you out of the running price wise.

Pulled out my Cc statements ... the oil tube was from 2010 and it was charged $21 shipping

2007 was the power plate, charged $17 USPS @ 7 lbs :eek:

Well Im calling BS. No where on a receipt would you have 7 lbs. No where on my site would the check out show 7lbs. for a RJC plate. I try to go above & beyond but I also know when some one is doing the opposite. Old saying you can't please everyone.
Like I said e-mail me if I'm wrong I'll straighten it. This one I just know better.

Trust me I have been battling this for a while now. I no have a new web person working on this as we speak. The problem we are having is Canada shipments are showing lower then reality & the continental US is showing hi.
This is the newest one added yesterday although it is a Monte part we put a remark in the add.
GBodyParts.com Online
We are hoping to have all fed ex rates in here by next week.
I have to work on how we can incorperate USPS for small flate rate boxes.

I know today alone I refunded 10 orders via pay pal. It wears me out as well.

I appreciate the constructive criticism as well.

I know...after I read that I was like, Collective Critisism? WTF? and bad spelling too? Dont know where my head was at when I wrote that. No edit function in here but you knew what I meant..lol.. Anyway, listen, Its not like I dont plan on doin business with you in the future because I definitely will. Youre prices are among the best and you have the largest selection of parts. Ill just phone order from now on. Hopefully you can get the shipping function working properly soon as I wouldnt want to see you lose any more sales. Thanks